View Full Version : The Cure for Tourettes


alexm
05-05-10, 03:15 AM
Hello,

I had tourettes syndrome when I was younger. I was around 11 years old when the symptoms first started, which were, shaking of the head, shaking/bone grinding of left wrist, uncontrollable noises / sounds, other movements like lifting of shoulder at times, throwing my arm out as if throwing something.


<O:p</O:p
Some days the symptoms were very bad, worse when I was by myself (as no one was watching, I didn’t have to 'control' / 'contain' it as much, even so I couldn’t really control it very much). It was not until years later that I discovered what caused it, what started it, and in my opinion it is the root cause for many - if not all - tourettes worldwide. It may be controversial and I understand why, as you will see later.

<O:p</O:p
When I was 11 years old I had my first of many mercury amalgam fillings. (You know the silver looking fillings for tooth cavities.) I started a new school and my parents wanted to get 'my teeth sorted' before starting a new term - so I wouldn’t have to miss any days off school by going to the dentist. So I had around 5 or 6 fillings a few weeks before starting school. I would eventually have around 12 fillings in total.

<O:p</O:p
I remember asking the dentist at the time just before getting the mercury fillings if I could have the other style ones (white plastic/ceramic non-mercury versions), maybe that was a premonition of what was to come. Anyhow he said "sorry you should have said it earlier, i've prepared the mercury amalgam already, you'll just have to have that." At 11 years old, there’s not much you can do. When he finished the fillings and after I went home, I noticed I still had a lot of the mercury filling material in my mouth, which I swallowed.

<O:p</O:p
My tourettes started a day or 2 after that. After careful research I have found out that Dentists have to take a lot of precautions to make the amalgam, as this substance is very toxic! Even the bottle the amalgam comes in says ‘toxic’ on the bottle! And they stick it in your mouth, and you have it there for the rest of your life!? In my case, if you add up all the filling material – that is a lot of mercury material to have in your mouth! I am also a chemist and have worked in waste management consultancy – you would be staggered at the precautions we take to remove mercury from various areas /sites that are contaminated – even with just trace levels. This is one of the many data points – during my life - that helped me come to the root cause of tourettes.

<O:p</O:p
Mercury amalgam is banned is many countries due to toxicity issues. Think back to when your problem started – does it coincide with your tooth fillings?

<O:p</O:p
This cure / cause is not commonly spoken of because if will effect the medical and dentistry industry quite a bit. As mercury is used in not only mercury fillings but in vaccinations and other products (like contact lens solution etc etc).

<O:p</O:p
I went through a mercury detox program, had my fillings removed by a special dentist (and replaced by non-mercury amalgam), no longer took vaccinations and surprise surprise - MY TOURETTES IS GONE. I’ve never had a recurrence – apart from once – about 10 years ago, when before I went travelling I was told I would need a hepatitis vaccination – and bingo I had a small tourettes attack the very evening when I got home!! I hadn’t had a recurrence for years.

<O:p</O:p
I am happy to share the mercury detox I went through, but you can find info on the web if you look around.

<O:p</O:p
Remember the expression “as mad as a hatter”? Do you know how this expression started? Well, hat makers many, many years ago used mercury to polish / shine hats, particularly top hats. It was impossible for hatters to avoid inhaling the mercury fumes given off during this process. Hatters often suffered mercury poisoning as the mercury vapor caused neurological damage including confused/slurred speech and distorted vision and all the symptoms of tourettes (this was concentrated mercury they were dealing with here), shaking of the head, swearing / shouting and other uncontrollable bodily movements were very common amongst hatters – hence “as mad as a hatter.”
<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
In amalgam fillings it is around 40% mercury and this is released slowly during the years it is in your mouth. Of course dentists and doctors say that it is not harmful, but they are just telling you parrot fashion what they have been told by the mercury amalgam manufacturers and their colleagues, without doing any independent research for themselves.

<O:p</O:p
If you have tourettes try it – remove all the mercury from your life. Do your own research, don’t just take my word for it. Remove your mercury fillings and don’t take vaccinations which contain mercury. Undergo a heavy metal detox program. The basics of this can be found easily on the web. But simply it is to take a lot of Spirulina / chlorella and green veg, such as parsley, and also undergo a fruit 'fast' for example for a couple of weeks. You want to remove all the mercury (as much as possible anyway) from your body. A ‘fast’ coupled with a good detox program (such as collonics, saunas and special diet) is very effective.

<O:p</O:p
When removing the amalgam fillings try to ensure you use a special dentist (but this is not always necessary) that is aware of the dangers of amalgam, as mercury vapour is released during the removal of the fillings, symptoms of tourettes can increase for a short period. You need to obviously minimize the amount of mercury entering the body, and in particularly the brain.
<O:p</O:p
(A good analogy is to think of the body as a large robot or computer, with veins as circuits for example and the organs hardware. Mercury is a very good conductor and when this hits the blood stream – especially the brain it short circuits systems in the brain which cause involuntary movements, just as if you had a piece of wire and shorted a circuit board.)

I am positive this will also help with people with ADD. Mercury affects people in different ways and to different degrees.

<O:p</O:p
Tourettes is caused by mercury toxicity in the brain (via the body), and affects people that are highly sensitive to mercury and mercury compounds.

Logic
05-05-10, 10:09 PM
I've never had a single filling in my life, had minimal contact with mercury and still suffer from tics. Mine got worse through a head injury, so probably the root cause is different (between your tics and mine - I'm not debating the mercury thing).
We are all different though, so what may work for one person, might not necessarily work for another.
Interesting thought though.

Logic

weareacc
05-06-10, 03:27 AM
Worth a thought. Mercury has been blamed for every malady in existence for a good while- fairly or not has never been confirmed in the overwhelming majority of cases.

It's certainly dodgy stuff though. Being from Stockport, the hat making centre of the UK since the 1800's, I've grown up with these mercury related stories.

The Hat Museum is another reason not to visit :-D

nonADHDer
05-13-10, 12:58 AM
That's very interesting. What's more interesting I find is that the FDA, the organisation that never takes the blame or the responsibility for its mischief and criminal activities, actually came out with a statement saying these are dangerous. Shocking. It means people are really in trouble.

Now, I'm 'normal' and don't have Tourette's or any other neurological or mental disorder, but I do have a lot of fillings. I'm not sure how many are mercury-based, but it's good to look into. Thanks.

hereditary
10-24-10, 12:42 PM
Interesting - I too noticed my ticks came virtually out of nowhere, almost overnight, when I was about 6 years old.

I have wracked my brain to find a link, so far found none. My ticks have since vanished after what essentially amounted to a 4 month stimulant binge. Don't ask me how that happened to cure it, but it did. My pet theory involves hyper-sensitivity to dopamine in particular regions of the brain... a sensitivity that I essentially burned out through over stimulation.

I remember one time when I was 15, a friend and I had bought some "herbal smoking mixture" from a local head-shop, comprising of some ungodly mixture of catnip, sage and about 20 other herbs intended to work as a tobacco alternative. My god... half a cigarette of that and I ticked the worst I ever have in my life by a magnitude of 5, and it lasted about 3-4 days.

Was there mercury in the mix? I doubt it. But I think hyper-sensitivity is the issue, there are plenty of poisons and toxins that can create other kinds of hyper-sensitivity such as photo-sensitivity, its not the longest bow in the world to draw.