View Full Version : Dex THREE times daily?

Dave_Smith
05-08-10, 02:58 PM
Im on Dexedrine, about 15mg per dose at the moment. I do have to work up to 10-12 hours Monday-Friday, and so I find that a dose in the morning and one at lunch does not take me through the entire day. I
Im a bit worried it would harm my poor brain to be Dex-influenced 12 out of 24 hours though...
Is anyone else taking a third dose of Dex IR in the afternoons? Do you know if it might be harmful in the long run?

salleh
05-08-10, 09:56 PM
Dex is a very short acting med.....I take 30mg (IR) in the morning, 30 at noonish and 30 at 4 to5 ....and I can fall asleep easily by 11,.....

but I have been taking this for many years, ( more than 10) ......it was 60mg daily, but I ran out of steam early in the day ......

i eat fine, sleep fine, and am very healthy.....( and I'll be 60 in 2 months....)

bobC
05-11-10, 02:25 PM
I've taken dexedrine 4x per day for more then a year now. For me splitting up the doage across they day works better then increasing the dosage beyond ~30mg/day.

I also found a higher morning dose with smaller afternoon dosages seemed to work well.

BobC

Vietnam Was Fun
08-22-10, 09:59 AM
I take 5mg every 2-3 hours for up to 18 hours when I have something to do. Better mileage than taking 30mg in the morning and running around like a headless chicken cleaning stuff or writing 5 pages of gibberish because you're over stimulated.

Try splitting your doses.

fgm1
08-24-10, 04:00 AM
I'm on 15mg IR * 3 myself. Personally I'd try taking the exact same dose you have now, and just spread it over a period of time. If you're not satisfied with the results, try getting your dosage upped to the mg/hour rate you're currently on.

Best of luck!