View Full Version : Irc

sam
06-26-04, 09:13 AM
Everytime I'm in the ADDF chatroom, I always tend to be the only one in there so I was wondering, does anybody know a good IRC channel that deals with ADD?

Ian
06-26-04, 10:23 AM
I started one ages ago but it was about as popular as this one. That is to say, not so popular. It takes ages to cultivate a place worth going in a chat room. This one is brand new so if you are patient it will maybe get better.

The administration here puts a lot of energy into making the message board work well and that it be attractive. I think it's up to the membership to do the same for the chat. If you are interested in building the chat up to a useful state then you'll have to help build it that way.

Besides yahoo I have not found an ADD / ADHD IRC chat room that is dedicated to people like you and me. Yahoo is a little immature for my tastes. Your best bet is to start to spend a lot of time idling and chatting in the chat room here, or maybe yahoo is good for you I don't know. Encouraging others to join or something else to get others interested might help. But most of all it will take time and dedication. There isn't a great deal of support for live chat here in my experience. There just isn't the history of it being anything but a dead end. I prefer live chat often in other venues, but the times I've been into the application associated with this board, there has been very few particpants. The folks I have met are usually new folks that are used to a lively chat and find ours dead like you have.

Hope to see you there. Ian.

Andrew
06-26-04, 10:56 AM
There's actually alot of support here...you just have to be in the room for a while...or show up when there are announced scheduled chats.

There will be some upcoming scheduled chats in the near future.

Watch the Live Chat section of the forums for details.

Ian
06-26-04, 01:03 PM
Sorry Andrew and all, I was trying to refer to my past experience. I know that some here have made commitments to support the chat. I hope it works out well for all.

I suppose it would be best to do as Cherity (sp?) has suggested and leave a second browser window open with the chat running there while I browse the messages.

The client side load seems pretty light which is good for me. Not conflicts showing up technically. This new software is great. I hope it's as good for the administration as it is for me as a user. The moderator functions seem to be pretty easy peezy too.

Cheers! Ian

Andrew
06-26-04, 01:11 PM
Yep...much better than previous versions... :)

sam
06-26-04, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry if I offended any of the organizers behind the chat here at ADDF. Don't get me wrong, I truly love this place and hopes it a lot more future success. I haven't had constant access to the internet in nearly a year and half so when I went back to my old idle-hang-outs, most of the channels were completely dead. Just looking to fill the IRC-void I guess :-)

Once again, I apologize. I'll be sure to watch out for future scheduled chats, too!

Andrew
06-26-04, 08:15 PM
No apologies necessary :)

Garry
06-26-04, 09:23 PM
I think it just becuase we are ADD and we have this organazational thing about all getting togrther at the same time in the chat room.

When I was in there with FTM and Jeffery when it first opened up it was great but I just havent been able to get to the chat room when anyone else is there since.