View Full Version : methyln er problems!

leana
05-12-10, 11:39 AM
im taking methyln er 20,once in the morning,and 10mg ir in the afternoon.the er seems to not be strong enough at all.it wears off before noon.my dr said its a 24hour med,and can only have one a day.he also told me if i need more than 30mg total for the day,then there is a problem! i dont get it.i think since i was on vyvanse and adderall,which are both much stronger meds,that i just need a slightly higher dose of the methyln.i also seem to be very hungry,right now im starving,and its notr even lunch time yet.does anyone know what the problem might be? is 30mg total for the day,a high dose? cant you take more than one er a day?and i wonder why my dr will give me such a high dose of adderall or vyvanse,but 30mg is the limit for ritalin meds?? anyone???

Henri J
07-05-10, 01:04 PM
Maybe you should find a doctor who knows what he's talking about. No medication is 24hours, if they were we would never go to sleep. They should last 4-8 hours, but that is 100% dependent on your body and how you metabolize the medication.

I am currently switching from Adderall to Methylin ER and my doc has allowed me to titrate up as I am ready and find the dose that works for me, up to 60mg per day. The maximum recommended dose is 60mg per day, not 30.

I only get about 6 hours of coverage from 30mg of Adderall XR. My doc said I metabolize it quickly and we started an afternoon dose to have full coverage.

Find a doctor you can work with who will work with you to find what works for you.

H

ZiggyFry
08-04-10, 11:50 AM
I metabolize quickly, and if I remember correctly, the methlyn er only lasted me around 2 1/2 hours.

And I am going to second what Henri said. A 24 hour mph pill would be ridiculous.

And my doctor had me on methyln er twice a day at some point, so it's not true that you can only take it once a day.

I'm not sure what the maximum dose is, but I'm fairly sure that 30 is nowhere near the maximum dose.

Sin.Ziggy.