View Full Version : Time Management in my LIFe

mystes
05-12-10, 11:08 PM
Hi,

I have this problem in managing my time in school work and having a part time job for the past few weeks but when I realized that I wasted so much time than doing important things:

Here's some tips I always used nowadays:

Break Each Large Task into Actionable Easy Tasks

Prioritize Your Tasks
Once you prepare your lists you may find that you have much more to do than you ever realized - and feel pressured for time. Breathe. Relax. You don't have to do it all now. Some of it can wait a little while, more of it can wait even longer, and some of it may never get done. That's ok -- if you prioritize your tasks.
Seat deadlines for Yourself

Be Flexible
While to-do lists are wonderful for helping you to organize and prioritize your life, remember that there will always be interruptions and distractions. Try to allow time for them

Go with Your Flow
Consider your own biological peaks and lows. Are you a morning person? Or are you at your best at night? Plan your day accordingly. Save your most difficult work for the times when you're at your best.

Say "No."
Sometimes we take on too much. Whether it's extra courses, job responsibilities, or extracurricular activities, consider how important each is to you before agreeing.

Make Use of Wasted Time
Have you ever noticed how much time you spend commuting, standing in lines, and waiting (for doctors, advisors, etc.)? Carry pocket work to make use of that time that would otherwise be wasted. Carry a short reading assignment or flash cards for studying. Or use the time to write in your planner and organize yourself. Ten minutes here, fifteen minutes there, it all adds up and you'll find that you can get more done.

ned_va
05-13-10, 12:08 AM
Its not funny, but I've really tried to do this...
then I forget I'm trying to do it...
How do you make it a habit?
I feel like I need to tattoo my todo list on my wrist.

mystes
05-13-10, 01:04 AM

You should atlest make it a habit and have a firmed disciplined in managing your time.

This is your life.
That is your time.

So you should take control of it.

I know, there's a lot of temptation but you should atlest take control of you self.

Hope I can help you.

really
05-13-10, 03:22 AM

I hear you. Best way to get things done for me is to move my focus from internal control to external control. This means that instead of "I should do the laundry" you either have someone remind you, or you've set up something with strong repercussions (an annoying timer blaring in the washing machine).

Still not easy, but it helps a little.

mystes
05-13-10, 03:33 AM
You mean external control.. someone will command and nag me.. will does not irritates to my system.?

I am sorry but I think, I really am not good if someone will keep nagging me to do this and that.. It doesn't work for me.

For me. I made a weekly notes and guides and every weekend I made sure to myself that I did covered the major factors.

And monthly, see my recent things ive done.. If its good or not.. If I wasted some or not.. A matter of monitoring my self.

See my signature below, maybe this might help you!

thanks!

mystes
05-19-10, 07:24 AM
i see a site that interests me a lot. http://www.timemanagement.com/?tr2
hope i can help u, guys!

ned_va
05-21-10, 04:46 PM
Hmm, dying thread, but I'm curious...

Mystes, what do you use for organizing: paper, notebook, computer, whiteboard, ?

I hate the nagging too. Current SO considers it a duty :(
I'll try this this weekend, and the whole monthly review sounds like a good idea.

Thanks!