View Full Version : Metadate CD and sadness :(

LDhyperFerks
05-13-10, 05:41 PM
ok well I have tried every medication in my life for ADHD. At least all the stimulants in the forum except dexoxyn idk what that is? but Im taking metadate 20 MG and i have good days and bad days. More bad then good. iM social and talkative but i overthink everything!! I feel like if i see someone give me a dirty look i immedietely think they hate me. Along those lines. I cut my self down. Not literally. Idk what to do. I hate meds but i think i need them. I dont always hate them. I enjoy the euphoria ;) PLEASE HELP! also im a 16 year old boy

StoicNate
05-13-10, 06:08 PM
You shouldn't be chasing the euphoria, since that will make you keep upping your dose and turning yourself into an addict..which is bad.

From what you're describing, you might have self-esteem issues but I'm not sure since I don't know you well enough.
I'd suggest trying to gain self-confidence, like try to face people at school and not care if they look like they're looking at you weird.

If your medication is making you sad you can ask for a different dose or a different medication all together.
OR you could try to cheer yourself up by doing something fun or buying yourself a treat of some sort.

Spence's Mom
05-13-10, 06:42 PM
my son is on metadate cd 20 mgs and when we tried 30 he got very sad and had similar feelings that you describe. We took him back down to the 20 and he was much better...maybe you need a bit less?? Just a thought.

Blackstar
01-29-14, 10:26 PM
^ Agree. Sounds like the dose is too high.

Try and find a dose that helps you focus and 'think before you act', but with no side effects, ideally.

Talk with your doc about it and lowering the dose.