View Full Version : Sensitivity to Spicy Food

EconPhilosopher
05-15-10, 11:12 PM
I have only been taking Adderall for a few months, but have noticed my sensitivity to spicy food rise dramatically. I used to eat a lot of very spicy food, but now I can handle no where near what I used to. I am also taking Citalopram/Celexa, but have had no luck finding information on this problem with that medication. I am wondering if it is possibly a side effect of the combination of both; but if anyone has had this effect with Adderall it would be nice to know.

add fred
12-14-10, 06:42 PM
That is not a side effect that I know of. I know drugs can have all kinds of side effects for different people though. I think if I were you I would talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Let us know what you find out.

ocilac
04-11-14, 03:31 PM
i see this was posted a long time ago, but same thing! i just had a month off of adderall, during which i went on this massive spicy food kick. i always have eaten/had a high tolerancefor spicy food, but i could not seem to find any ssauce spicy enough or get my food hot enough from restaraunts despite how much i accentuated how riddiculously spicy i wanted it. finally i ended up orderingn some sauce with ghost pepper and it still wasn't quite doing it... now i am back on adderall and got some salsa from next door, where ive had it plenty of times, and dumped a whole bunch on my food and took a bite. although it was not anywhere near unmanageable, i feel likes there is a sort of threshold between spicy tasting good/being enjoyable versus being painful and it was right there. normally their salsa barely tastes spicy at all to me

MX2012
04-11-14, 05:50 PM
This is a side effect of taking adderall? I guess any medication can produce a variety of side effects.