View Full Version : Teachers

Dolphin92
05-25-10, 10:49 PM
Has anyone ever had one of those theachers that yell at you and don't put in the grades untill litterally the last moment. And if you did how did you deal with it

Pensosa
05-26-10, 09:35 AM
Submitting grades at the last minute? Maybe your teacher has ADD. HA! j/k

I am a teacher. And while I can't say that I've ever "yelled" at my students, there are days when I feel frazzled and my tone comes across the wrong way. And I am certainly guilty of procrastinating with paperwork. Being a teacher is WAY more work than college prepares you for!

My suggestion, is to write a note CALMLY explaining your issue and ASKING for something specific. But have an adult you trust (or someone neutral) read over it first, to make sure that it really conveys what you want. If your difficulty is anxiety over your grade, say something like: "I know you are very busy, and grades are not due until next Friday. However, I'm feeling some anxiety about the grades and I'd like a chance to talk to you about my work. I don't want to be a bother, but I'm hoping you have a few moments, before grades are due, to give me some feedback on the quality of my work."

People pick teaching as a career because we love to help others... If you show him/her you're looking for some extra support - you'll get it. Sometimes teachers are so caught up in how busy the day is, that we don't notice the subtle things we should. We're human too. That and some of us have our own ADD issues too! :)

Good luck.