View Full Version : Vitamin B12 Experiences?

meridian
06-07-10, 04:42 PM
Believe it or not, I am all for alternatives and supplements to my meds :)

I had purchased some sublingual B12 lozenges and found that when I missed taking them (2-500mcg ea) I could get really sleepy and foggy.

Remembered to take them last night and had a productive evening after a not to productive day. Took them again this morning and have had a good day.

Purchased some 6,000mcg sublingual lozenges cos they were cheap (Sundown) and not sure if they help as much or if it's just my normal biorhythms?'

Any experiences with B12? Thx

dude102
06-11-10, 05:03 AM
It helps me tremendously but then again my b12 levels were low. You should get yours checked. Methylcobalamin is superior to the regular form found in most multis, and is better absorbed.

Song of Mercy
06-11-10, 07:37 AM
I did the shots for a couple of months but I was also taking ritalin at the time. Additionally I had begun walking everyday. I am not sure what to attribute what to. I did feel really well during that time.

Nyarlathotep
06-11-10, 08:08 AM
Where might one find these sublingual B12 vitamins? Ordinary drugstore? GNC? Specialty store?

meridian
06-11-10, 09:50 AM
Where might one find these sublingual B12 vitamins? Ordinary drugstore? GNC? Specialty store?

Probably all three. I got them at Rite-Aid, CVS, Duane Reade, Walgreens -- all within a couple of blocks of each other on Broadway so I check them out to see who has the best deal.

The sublingual lozenge is supposed to get into the blood stream more efficiently than the regular pill form.

yankees440
06-12-10, 07:42 PM
Im taking various vitamin B complex vitamins...
Noticed marked improvement in waking up patterns
My brain is rarely foggy anymore.
Check out my post at:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=894763#post894763

Here I talk about B vitamins in addition to various other vitamins and minerals!

meridian
06-12-10, 08:12 PM
Great list and info, thx!