View Full Version : Lexapro

hollywood
06-12-10, 11:27 PM
Thinking of trialing lex, is it sedating? Heard it's great with stims. ..

gnbeg
06-23-10, 11:55 PM
OK, I'll bite.

My family doc prescribed lexapro when I was struggling with insomnia. He told me several times that I was depressed. I didn't believe him. It wasn't until later that I realized that he was right.

Anyway, focus. :-) It was sedating. But it didn't help me sleep. Made me feel "groggy" at times. It did help with depression. Had a really subtle effect on my depression. I was looking for a solution to insomnia, not depression, so I quite taking it. Probably should have stuck with it for a longer period of time.

I wasn't on Adderall at the time so I can't comment on how the two would complement each other.

oneup
07-04-10, 05:53 PM
For me it was non-sedating and mood elevating, its probably one of the better ones. I stopped due to headaches but all SSRIs Ive tied have caused this for me so I think its just me :)

willinabox
02-28-11, 05:45 PM
For me it is sedating...it's supposed to be mixed in terms of whether or not it is activating or sedating

hollywood
03-01-11, 10:11 AM
I feel like I'm going in circles here just like my negative feedback loop thoughts. You would think some learning would occur hear. I tried intuniv but I have a heart murmer and the feeling I got when working out was strange. It could be that I got anxious too soon but I don't feel that intuniv is going to really help with my negative feedback thoughts that are causing issues anyway. I did feel at some point with intuniv like it helped focusing somewhat though. I'm not sure , ssri's are and have been problematic, but something needs to be done and I need a breakthrough badly.

daveddd
03-01-11, 10:14 AM
I feel like I'm going in circles here just like my negative feedback loop thoughts. You would think some learning would occur hear. I tried intuniv but I have a heart murmer and the feeling I got when working out was strange. It could be that I got anxious too soon but I don't feel that intuniv is going to really help with my negative feedback thoughts that are causing issues anyway. I did feel at some point with intuniv like it helped focusing somewhat though. I'm not sure , ssri's are and have been problematic, but something needs to be done and I need a breakthrough badly.

lamictal helped me a ton with rumination