View Full Version : Werl- thefstartshere.ca

Werl
06-15-10, 03:07 PM
http://thefstopshere.ca/main.swf

I made this in my spare time. I used flash (an extremely expensive but oooooh so worth it). This took me about a 3 or 4 months to get this far. It is for the camera club in my home town.

Please rate and tell me any problems

Thanks.

EshkaronsEngine
06-15-10, 03:23 PM
All I can say is hey that looks pretty good. One day I would like to program computers but there is no way I am going to pay for the programming language.

meridian
06-15-10, 03:38 PM
Hey! That's a great start Retep!

(haha my brother is Retep, too says Eoj).

Can you do a highlight on MouseOver to make each link stand out? That's a fun thing to learn.

Since you are a camera club, how about using some of the group's images for page backgrounds or as headers?

I need to learn how to do a Flash animation like that!

Oh, and there's one typo: 'Upcoming' should be all one word and only have one M in it.

Keep up the good work! :)

Werl
06-15-10, 05:29 PM
Thanks, spelling is not my strong point. The rollovers will come, their extremely easy. I use an older version of flash. 2004, there is now flash 5 out.

It's not a language, It's a program. It's how you make flash games. it costs $600 regular but only $300 or so with education discount (my parents are teachers).

Werl
06-15-10, 06:04 PM
I'd like to point out that there was one more you missed meridian. Images has only i 'M'.

meridian
06-15-10, 06:23 PM
I'd like to point out that there was one more you missed meridian. Images has only i 'M'.

:)

BTW, I am not sure about Canadian costs at Adobe but the whole Creative Suite 5 education package (no upgrades I don't think) shouldn't cost you too much more than that -- I use the Creative Suite 3 Web Premium (but still haven't learned Flash! ha!) the Suites have a ton of great stuff in them.

Werl
06-15-10, 06:25 PM
I'm so jealous. I wish I had any where as new of program as you do. I just checked at the exchange rate right now, it would cost $183.57.

716.86 cad full with out ed pricing (upgrade 204.08).

Werl
07-31-10, 03:08 PM
My dad got me CS5 and now I'm starting to learn AS3. I put a new background and the rollovers are in. It's still a work in progress.

Before I go. the scrolling background has the white line on the left side because I don't embed it into a .html file.

doiadhd
07-31-10, 03:50 PM
Wow you made that?

Nifty!

: D

Werl
07-31-10, 03:52 PM
It only takes a 600 dollar program.

Werl
07-31-10, 07:06 PM
Check often for updates on the site.

ugoclick
10-26-10, 04:41 PM
Its looking good. Have you tried doing the background and buttons in something like Adobe fireworks and then import them into your flash site? Its a great way to play with diferent looks.
I have a load of flash templates somewere, if you need some let me know.

Werl
10-26-10, 05:45 PM
Sounds good. I have fireworks, it is the 2004 edition. I do use cs5 but I just bot the one program because I don't use the other programs much. Need a little lesson in design. To see the latest updates look at the smaller version.

Almost forgot, thanks :)