View Full Version : help needed from you

Peter Pan
06-16-10, 07:51 PM
Hi all,
I am needing some help from all of you. I am in the process of writing a handbook for parents, teachers and ADHD teenagers. The focus is on ADHD/ADD teenagers, and will be designed as a quick survival guide. Trying to cut out all the lengthy info and just go straight to the sources.
Quick background on myself. I am a 27 year old female, in my last year of a teaching degree. Misdiagnosed my whole life I started on concerta finally and it is really helping. I have now gone through the very painful experience of looking back over my life and seeing how much the ADHD effected me and the path to destruction I ended up on.
This is why I want the book written. To help others in what I went through. And to try make people more aware of the little things that can help.
This is where I need your help. For my research I want to get lots of other people’s opinions and stories. I know my own story to tell, but we are all different. If you are able to either comment or send me a message with advice as to what has and hasn’t worked for you either as the ADD person/a parent/or a teacher of, that would be so great. I have listed the different areas I will be trying to focus on, but please please please if you think of something I have not covered would be great. Thank you all so much. Oh also, I will not publish your name in the book if you don’t want me to.

AT HOME<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]Parents support network<o></o>>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]COMPUTER GAMES<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]ORGANISATION<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]How to get places on time with an ADD<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]Cleaning their room<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]Taking their tablets<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]SPORT<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]PUNISHMENT<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]ANGER<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]INTELLIGENCE<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]JOBS<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]SELF MEDICATING<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]HYPERSENSITIVE TO THINGS/HYPERALERTNESS<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]FEARS
<o></o>
AT SCHOOL<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]KEEPING THE STUDENT ON TASK<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]ORGANISATION<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]PUNISHMENT<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]ANGER<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]INTELLIGENCE<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]JOBS<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]HYPERSENSITIVE TO THINGS/HYPERALERTNESS<o></o>
<!----> <!--[endif]-->[I]DIFFERENT SUBJECT DIFFICULTIES<o></o>
<o></o>
LIVING WITH IT
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->WHAT HAS HELPED YOU TO UNDERSTAND IT AND PEOPLE WITHOUT IT
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->HAS THERE BEEN ANY TIPS FOR MAJOR SUCCESS AND CHANGE
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->DOES YOU FRIENDSHIP GROUP MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE

Thank you all. :)
<!-- / message --> <!-- controls -->