View Full Version : Near death experince, said somehthing I probably shouldn't have

TheIceMan
06-17-10, 03:14 AM
Well I understand the admins do not apreciate post pretaning to O.D's but I feel this to be apropriate, but I apologize in advance if I offend or break any rules. The other day I accidentally took to 50mg pills of vyvanse instead of one. I was not trying to kill myself or get high or anything of the sort, it was an honest accident. Any ways I went to work and was increadably angry for no reason, then I felt like I was having a heart attack, so I called my parents went home then the emts came and took me to the hospital, I was cold, shaking, completely numb and couldn't open my left hand. After almost passing out I managed to send a text to a girl I have been increadbaly close friends with since fourth grade (we are now seniors in high school) telling her that I love her more than... Well thants when that hand clenched shut. My heart rate resting, lying down was 180 bpms, I truely thought I was going to die. So with that in mind I thought it was important that she new I loved her. Well thanks to God I lived and came out of it fine, I mean I'm terrified of another od, I got one of those pill boxes with the days on em and all. Any ways this girl is, well suprised and things are awkwerd at best, I don't want to lose her as a friend, what should i do, can I salvage our friendship or is it completely messed up? Any advice?

Thank you kindly

barnops
06-17-10, 05:26 AM
Yea, tell her the truth. Why you sent it, what was happening, and that you want to remain friends.

Side note: you can love a person without having it be "physical."

StoicNate
06-17-10, 07:31 AM
I'm confused about this.
Just tell the girl you like her and try not to OD.
You can buy one of those daily pill dispensers and not OD ever again.
The end.

TheIceMan
06-18-10, 10:59 PM
Thank you for the ad idvice, I think I have and will always lover her, not even in a romatic physical way even, I have explained the whole thing and she understands, it's just very awkward right now

FrazzleDazzle
06-18-10, 11:14 PM
I think we can all think of people we would want to text or call if we thought we were going to die in a few minutes, that we were not romantically inclined about. If I were her, I'd feel really touched to be one of them. It's jut not something that happens often. I hope you can work through the awkwardness and remain very close and special friends.

darkangel99
06-19-10, 04:18 PM
Hiya,
just tell her what you have been through and hopefully she will understand
best of luck.

sPacie~Gracie
06-19-10, 04:32 PM
You poor guy got over stimulated went through a panic/anxiety attic. Been there too.... I'm taking 120mg of vyvanse now but I did forget one time that I already had taking them... once feeling the rush I knew right there oops I did take them.. next time just drink peptobismo. Flush out the meds a bit..

darkangel99
06-19-10, 05:19 PM
I haven't had that problem.
But hope you are ok.

EshkaronsEngine
06-19-10, 05:21 PM
I love divulging my love for someone.

Michiko74
06-22-10, 10:56 AM
Thank you for the ad idvice, I think I have and will always lover her, not even in a romatic physical way even, I have explained the whole thing and she understands, it's just very awkward right now

Just lay low and let some time pass. Eventually it'll work itself out.
Glad you were able to talk things through.

ginniebean
06-22-10, 11:50 AM

You need to lighten up and crack a few jokes about it with her. There is just loads of funny stuff here you just gotta look a little bit. :)

Werl
06-22-10, 12:45 PM
Sounds like you had some cocaine. It's not meant to call you a drug addict, it's just that it seems if you OD on ADD meds, more speifically, Methylphenidate but it looks like you are on a Lisdexamfetamine. Any amfetamine has the same sides effects as phenidates.

m1trLG2
07-16-10, 03:08 PM
Well I understand the admins do not apreciate post pretaning to O.D's but I feel this to be apropriate, but I apologize in advance if I offend or break any rules. The other day I accidentally took to 50mg pills of vyvanse instead of one. I was not trying to kill myself or get high or anything of the sort, it was an honest accident. Any ways I went to work and was increadably angry for no reason, then I felt like I was having a heart attack, so I called my parents went home then the emts came and took me to the hospital, I was cold, shaking, completely numb and couldn't open my left hand. After almost passing out I managed to send a text to a girl I have been increadbaly close friends with since fourth grade (we are now seniors in high school) telling her that I love her more than... Well thants when that hand clenched shut. My heart rate resting, lying down was 180 bpms, I truely thought I was going to die. So with that in mind I thought it was important that she new I loved her. Well thanks to God I lived and came out of it fine, I mean I'm terrified of another od, I got one of those pill boxes with the days on em and all. Any ways this girl is, well suprised and things are awkwerd at best, I don't want to lose her as a friend, what should i do, can I salvage our friendship or is it completely messed up? Any advice?

Thank you kindly

Tell her... just this. And tell her that it doesn't have to "mean" anything, but you wanted her to know you really valued her a lot. There is a difference between "in love" and "love". Just tell her you said that because she means a lot to you and you were just glad she was there. Tell her nothing has changed.