View Full Version : Cookies ! Help !!!!

salleh
06-26-10, 10:51 AM
I hope that this is the right place .....but last night, as I was exchanging some emails ( through gmail) I all of a sudden could not get mmessages through, they kept telling me "oops! your message didn't go through. error #721 ( I think that is the number)

I tried a different gmail account and it told me I wasn't signed in , even though I just had .....

I tried for Help, and couldn't figure it out, but they did say something about cookies, and I know I have never deleted cookies on this computrer......

so I put "Cookies" in my Start menu search, and they said "no matches" ......and it has been years since I deleted cookies, ( this computer is only about 10 months old though) and I have no idea how to do it .....

could someone spell it out for me.....keeping in mind that I am a complete computer illierate, and really putting the explanation in words of one syllable.....don't assume I know ANYTHING about computers, cause I really don't

I would very much appprieciate the help, as now I can't get through on my gmail at all to anyone .......

thanks !

Hatterasbound
06-26-10, 11:28 AM
Hi I don't know what program you are using but I have windows 7. At the top on the ribbon it has a tools button if you click that it should have delete browsing history and that will delete your cookies and should free up some space. Hope this helps.

ginniebean
06-26-10, 11:35 AM
START----> control panel ----Internet options----> delete history and cookies

alternatively

START---> C: -------> Documents and settings -----> administrator----> control panel-----> internet options------. delete history, cookies and the whole shebang!

If this doesn't work, let me know I'll do what I can

And yeah, what is your windows program?

tomlinson
06-26-10, 12:16 PM
The method for deleting cookies depends on which browser you're using.

(There are a few different types of cookies, but the ones you're concerned with are deleted using your browser.)

I don't think it makes sense to describe here all of the ways of deleting cookies from various browsers (Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera).

But if you let me know which browser(s) you use, I can tell you how to delete the cookies from those specific ones.