View Full Version : Intuniv ADHD with stims

hollywood
06-27-10, 09:44 PM
Why has nobody said anything of intuniv in combo with stims?

CalmTheChaos
07-07-10, 05:11 PM
My doctor just gave me a starter kit of Intuniv today, with instructions to add this to my existing regimen of Vyvanse + Adderall boosters.

I am skeptical that the Intuniv will address the issues for which it was prescribed, especially since I found this article (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-30/shire-overstates-benefits-of-attention-deficit-drug-intuniv-u-s-fda-says.html).

But, I'm willing to give it a shot and see.

I'll provide updates as things progress.

Manoa
07-21-10, 05:49 PM
I just started as well. Been happy on Vyvanse and 1/2 tab Dex boosts as needed. But I've had some problems which is causing a lot of anxiety and loss of motivation. Doc thinks Intuniv will be a non-stim boost to decrease anxiety.

hollywood
07-22-10, 04:30 PM
and how's it going? For the most part I haven't seen many at all like intuniv-

CalmTheChaos
07-26-10, 07:17 PM
I never did start taking the Intuniv. Once I got some time, I started doing more reading about it and discovered that you cannot ever drink alcohol while on it. Strange as it may sound, this is completely unacceptable to me.

Everybody I know (including my mother) finds me to be difficult to tolerate while medicated (with stims). But, they all love me and prefer to be around me when I've been drinking. Stims zombify me and drinking is my only social outlet that allows me to be my jovial self, so I'm not giving it up to take Intuniv.

Since my last post, the doctor gave me some Focalin to try instead of Vyvanse and Adderall. I must say, the Focalin rocks so far! (I'm on day 3, so it's still early to judge it long-term.) I find it to be at least equally as effective, but with far less zombification, better motivation, better sleep patterns, better appetite, and better attitude. I'm not sure if you've looked into it, but it might be worth a shot.

karbouris
11-27-10, 06:44 PM
I had a problem with the intuiv with concerta, it caused seziure activity with me when I ate any type of fat. your not supposed to eat fatty foods it increases the amount of it. I am seriously think about switching back to focalin anyway, I had the same effect as Choas but it didn't impove my impulstivity.

hollywood
11-28-10, 05:31 PM
Focalin is good agreed. Concerts with Ritalin boosters is smoother, longer acting. I went up to 300 xl wellbutrin with my stims and feel better. Going to start cymbalta for my anxoious repetitive thoughts.?focus is good