View Full Version : SS's Art! :)

Samhainstar
07-02-10, 02:00 PM
I had a browse through some of the other pictures here yesterday, I'm hoping to get a better look later on today. Lots of talent!

Here's something I finished recently, as a commission. I almost missed the deadline because it was getting hard in some places (especially the ship) and I couldn't get the self discipline to work on it like it needed.

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq345/SamhainShadow/temp-6.jpg

My collection of work is here: http://samhainstar.deviantart.com/

I'm a WAH/SAHM mum, it's pretty lonely so always happy to chat to new people, especially artists :) Terrible at remembering to answer Deviant messages though lol

meridian
07-02-10, 02:08 PM
You are very talented!

Who'd have ever thought after seeing "Star Wars" in 1977 that it would still be a "thing" that kids would be into in 2010 !!!

Samhainstar
07-02-10, 02:55 PM
Thanks! I'm not one of those naturally talented people, it comes from a lifetime of being an introvert, having no social life and being raised in a secluded village :P

Interesting isn't it? It has become a modern interest that parents pass down to their children, something to be enjoyed across generations which is a wonderful thing. I think when Clone Wars is on it's the only chance my sister in law gets for some peace and quiet hehehe

mADD mike
07-03-10, 06:23 PM
Hey, great job! I always wished that I had the ability to create like that. My brain is always working, and I have a lot of ideas, but I can't put them on paper or a computer program or find any medium where they come out like I want. That is a great talent, and you seem to have it. Cool.

Samhainstar
07-07-10, 09:32 AM
ah I want to clarify when I say "it comes from being an introvert" I mean the skills that I have practiced, not really "talent" it sounds so big headed. I'm under no illusions that I'm better than everyone, especially with the amount of 15 year old masters on DA out there >.>

Hey, great job! I always wished that I had the ability to create like that. My brain is always working, and I have a lot of ideas, but I can't put them on paper or a computer program or find any medium where they come out like I want. That is a great talent, and you seem to have it. Cool.

Thankyou! I'm lucky that this is generally where my hyperfocus goes. I found I am most effective if I can get up early in the morning and work straight away with a cup of coffee (I don't have medication) and try not even to log in to my email. Once I'm there, nothing disturbs me until my son is nagging me to get him up, if my progress has gone well then I am usually looking forward to working at lunch time again. If not then getting anything done at all becomes a real challenge.

Since I have been struggling a lot lately my progress has been really poor, this current one is due in a week and I'm only about half way through - I've had a month to do it.

Have you ever tried using good quality markers? They produce a beautiful look and because of their nature are quick to work with. Digital painting takes some prep work, unless you are going for a painterly style from scratch you need to line the work and put flat colours down which is pretty boring and time consuming.