View Full Version : SID questions

logansmommy413
07-02-10, 06:47 PM
My son (4) more than likely has SID. He has most of the symptoms and his OT is working on sensory processing with him during the school year. He is off on summer vacation now. So i cant ask his OT. But I am wondering if his fear of growing is part of SID? He is absolutly scared to death to grow. I have tried to make it sound fun and exciting to grow and nothing. Everything he wants to do that he has to be bigger to do when you tell him he has to get bigger before he can do it he flips and then dont want to do that ever again. He dont want to have anymore birthdays because he thinks that because he gets older he has to grow. He wanted his next birthday party at Lasertron but thats geared towards older kids so we told him he could have it there when he gets bigger and that theres not much for him to do there now. and he flipped. He is very adament that he is not having anymore birthdays or getting big. I have so many examples i could give from him but it would take so long to type out. I just dont know what to do to help him overcome this. I am thinking about private paying for OT for the summer. But I am not sure if OT will help this. It has gotten worse though since he has been on summer break.

Any help suggestions would be great thank you

CrystalShiloh
07-02-10, 08:21 PM
I first read that as STD. I thought that was funny enough to share.

Crazygirl79
09-08-10, 07:17 AM
Google SID/SPD and you'll see a host of forums and sites which will give you valuable information and advice.

CrystalShiloh, yes I thought the STD thing was funny but I personally wouldn't have shared that on this particular given the nature of it.

Selena