View Full Version : How do sleeping tablets affect you?

Marspider
07-06-10, 07:07 PM
Do you need more than the usual dosage to fall asleep?
Sleeping pills always make my body feel really weak and barely moving but my brain is still awake, it still doesn't put me to sleep.

Abi
07-06-10, 07:17 PM
I voted 3.

They do nothing for me, even in doses multiple times larger than the maximum allowed dosage.

doiadhd
07-06-10, 07:19 PM
I am in the start of trying them out during the day...until i go to docs,soon.

When i have taken them before bed they usually work...but have a bad reaction the next day,sleeping paralysis...which is not pleasant at all,for me....i'd rather stay awake...for a week.

So went well off of them,but then thought about trying them during the day....they dont do a lot to me at all....during the day...

Makes the kick start in the morning impossible when taken at night...but racing thoughts during the day may ease...was my hope...

My body sleeps but brain is awake...........=sleeping paralysis/waking paralysis for most(?)

Logic
07-07-10, 05:56 PM
I ticked two boxes; I suppose in a way, they contradict one another really, especially as I checked the box that reads 'does nothing' - but I'll explain below:

1. Takes a while to knock me out, but fall asleep eventually; In a clinical environment - If the initial dose doesn't touch me, I've experienced in the past, doctors/nurses giving a second dose to me - then they wait, and again; if that doesn't work I get a third dose, or a different medication given to me. Basically, if they keep increasing the dose, something will eventually have an affect on me as the amount of it in my system is substantially greater than it was to begin with. I will eventually end up asleep (I've had RT - rapid tranquilisation - fail on me twice, it took oral medication and the injection to flatten me. I've woken up from general anaesthetic in the middle of surgery twice as well, quite unpleasant really).

and

2. Does nothing; If i'm given tablets to help me sleep, and the label says 'take two' I take them and nothing happens. My Doctor gave me some guidance that explained the absolute maximum dose and allowed me to take more than just the advised two. I end up feeling subdued, but doeesn't help me get to sleep.

Logic

alan1
07-07-10, 06:58 PM
You need some more choices. For me, they knock me right out at first. Then I get used to them, then addicted and can't sleep at all without them but bounce off the walls if I stop.

Possum
07-07-10, 07:18 PM
I have a high tolerance to everything, including sleeping pills. If I take 2 or 3 times the standard dose, they will allow me to sleep.