View Full Version : Snris are they helpful with stims?

hollywood
07-12-10, 08:01 PM
Cymbalta bs pristiq. Which one is better, is one more energizing than the other? In general how do they work along with ADHD meds?

DADHD
07-12-10, 08:03 PM
Effexor is a good SNRI, but not a first line I wouldn't think because of how difficult it can be to come off of it. For me it was the first antidepressant to work after trying 6 other ones over the course of 10 years.

hollywood
07-12-10, 08:39 PM
How many. Weeks does it take to get past the side effects

DADHD
07-12-10, 08:54 PM
I didn't have any side effects.

hollywood
07-12-10, 09:28 PM
Really. Maybe I should stop cymbalta, it kinda sucks anyway

DADHD
07-12-10, 09:47 PM
Really. Maybe I should stop cymbalta, it kinda sucks anyway

Everyone responds differently. I'd hate for you to get put on Effexor and curse my name because you had every side effect on the list! :D

hollywood
07-12-10, 10:21 PM
No, wouldn't do that. Not sure what I will do may give it more time. Less focused now, but not as angry

hollywood
07-13-10, 03:20 PM
Hello let's have some feedback cymbalta is sedating , is pristiq better

hollywood
07-13-10, 10:25 PM
Hello, still on cymbalta switched my dosing to taking it at night. Have had some memory issues and strange feelings first ten days. Doc thinks I should give it a little more time so I am pushing through. Don't want any ssri side effects like weight gain. If it gives me any more probs doc thinks intuniv may help

hollywood
07-14-10, 09:21 PM
Hello? Feedback let's go now! Another day and I am getting a numb feeling at times and it can be a bit challenging to think, will it go away?

tomlinson
07-14-10, 10:05 PM
Hello let's have some feedback cymbalta is sedating , is pristiq better

Hello, still on cymbalta switched my dosing to taking it at night. Have had some memory issues and strange feelings first ten days. Doc thinks I should give it a little more time so I am pushing through. Don't want any ssri side effects like weight gain. If it gives me any more probs doc thinks intuniv may help

Hello? Feedback let's go now! Another day and I am getting a numb feeling at times and it can be a bit challenging to think, will it go away?

hollywood: I think one of the reasons you're not getting many responses about Pristiq here is because it's still a relatively new medicine - and not that many people have taken it.

If you go on to some of the forums that deal more with depression rather than adhd, you'll find more info about Pristiq.

hollywood
07-15-10, 10:15 PM
On cymbalta still, today marks my second week on the drug . Yay, I am actually doing a adequate trial and I am learning that your mood dictates much of how well you can focus.