View Full Version : Intuniv hello does it help

hollywood
07-12-10, 11:00 PM
Hello people does it work in combo with stims

hollywood
07-13-10, 09:52 PM
Hello?
I hear it's a good med combined with stims! Hello?

netsavy006
07-14-10, 08:19 PM
To be honest I don't know if it would be a good idea to use Intuniv in combination with stimulants. Intuniv is a still a new med, but you can find more info on it here:

http://intuniv.com/

Hope the link will help.
Andy...

hollywood
07-14-10, 09:16 PM
My doc and studies sAY intuniv alone for severe ADHD is not very helpful but is better when added to stimulants

CalmTheChaos
07-21-10, 01:02 PM
I've seen lots of studies and anecdotal evidence that suggest Intuniv works really well when combined with stimulants.

Actually, my doctor prescribed this to me (Vyvanse + Intuniv), but once I started researching Intuniv, I realized it's not a drug for me.

It can cause problems with overheating and heat exhaustion. But, the main reason I won't take it is that you cannot drink alcohol (ever) when taking it.

Manoa
07-21-10, 05:23 PM
I've been on Vyvanse and my doc just added Intuniv for my anxiety. I just started researching, but so far, it looks like Intuniv is recommended as a good non-stimulant adjunct to stimulants.

Doc warned me that I could feel tired so I took my first tablet at 3pm. Felt a little more sleepy than usual, but didn't go to bed any earlier.

The only problem I had was waking up ... I couldn't get up and my head felt like I had a hangover.