View Full Version : Creating an AI on my DROID phone

EshkaronsEngine
07-17-10, 11:12 AM
I just bought a book how to program my phone which is powered by DROID. My plan is to make it conscious. I will post my progress.:cool:

EshkaronsEngine
07-17-10, 11:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v52b5yFEIac

sarek
07-17-10, 01:05 PM
Wishing you luck. Keep us posted.

doiadhd
07-17-10, 02:09 PM
These are not the droids your looking for...

Good Luck...I often think computers are concious with the main chip as brain.

Anything with a high electrical pulse...is conscious to me-or at least alive as we are,not on the same scale though...in the spectrum.

EshkaronsEngine
07-17-10, 02:37 PM
These are not the droids your looking for...

Good Luck...I often think computers are concious with the main chip as brain.

Anything with a high electrical pulse...is conscious to me-or at least alive as we are,not on the same scale though...in the spectrum.
I guess I'm looking to program the ghost in the machine.:confused:

sarek
07-17-10, 06:25 PM
I believe the ghost in the machine to be an emergent property of a sufficient number of suffciently meaningful interconnections. That is consciousness.

EshkaronsEngine
07-17-10, 06:43 PM
I believe the ghost in the machine to be an emergent property of a sufficient number of suffciently meaningful interconnections. That is consciousness.
I agree so in a way I think there are already enough connections with my phone but it doesn't seem conscious. I think it's like a tamagotchi.:rolleyes:

meridian
07-17-10, 08:34 PM
I agree so in a way I think there are already enough connections with my phone but it doesn't seem conscious. I think it's like a tamagotchi.:rolleyes:

There's the story line for your first novel. Tamagotchi Droid comes to self awareness.:eek::)

sarek
07-18-10, 05:03 AM
Wasnt there a thread here about this conversational AI a couple of weeks back?

I wonder what would happen if you let a group of them talk together and perhaps get humans to assist and moderate in the discussion. He could encourage the AI's that are on the right track and discourage those that are not. The humans would also introduce new concepts and information into the discussion.

The interaction between the AI's would be the equivalent of genetic mutation while the interference of the human would take the place of the fitness landscape.

At some point the AI's would have a reasonably wide concept of the world at which point you might start to think about algorithms to interface that knowledge with real world concepts.
For instance, the AI might understand the meaning of the word human. Now they would have to be taught what a human looks like and how to distinguish one from a dog.