View Full Version : Open source task list software called 'Prioritise'

rioch
07-17-10, 11:26 AM
I've written an open source, cross platform desktop application called Prioritise with the aim to make it easier people with ADHD to organise and prioritise (hence the name) their tasks. The very first version was released today.

You can download the software via its website: http://prioritiseapp.wordpress.com/.

As this is the first release, it's far from complete (you can see a list of up-coming features on the development site), but it is functional. The only difficult thing will be installation, as I've not created an executable installer yet. There are, however, installation instructions provided.

I'd really appreciate feedback. If you can think of ways to improve the software, you can also suggest features on the development website: http://launchpad.net/prioritise.

EshkaronsEngine
07-17-10, 11:33 AM
I downloaded xmind a couple days ago. Is this the same thing. I haven't got around to using it yet .

meridian
07-17-10, 11:34 AM
Congrats on the release. Apparently it's free?

You say it's cross-platform, will it work on PPC Macs? or just Intel Macs? Looks like a good candidate for a phone app, BTW.

Personally what I would love to have is a "Time Tracker" so I can review how I've been spending my time every day.

rioch
07-17-10, 11:41 AM
Wow. Quick responses.

@meridian
Yes it is free in both senses of the word. That is, free as in beer and free as in speech. It's written in python, so should work on a Mac assuming python is available. I've only tested on Windows and Linux. As for the time tracker, I've planned a due date/time for tasks in the next release, and have thought about time tracking, so it's a possibility.

@eshkaron
I'm not sure what xmind is. Looking online it appears to be a mind-mapping tool, in which case, Prioritise is different. It's a list of tasks ordered by whatever priority you gave them. On a different note, if you're looking for a good mind-mapping tool, I recommend FreeMind.