View Full Version : Fleisch gets productive in the house (THIS is what I meant to do today!)

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-19-10, 11:11 PM
Taking livingink-os's steps...

ADD forums are great resource, but seems that I could use better...

Did all right last night...

1) garbage disposal dismantled to get out broken glass from last Wednesday

(hey, there's another sink in the bathroom, what's the big deal?)

(had fun doing it, but seriously, ew. the elbow totally hawked a germ sludge loogie at me, my eyes were spared my glasses were not.)

2) removed stereo from box that was sitting in there since I moved March 1.

(hey, where on earth was I going to PUT it, I didn't know the best place...!!!

but go figure, I heard a friends voice say, "You need someone to clean and decorate while you're gone and then when you come back you can move a few things and make it yours by putting your special touch."

So... heck, doesn't matter where it is as long as it plays music and I can move it later. No use thinking about a location when it works fine, can adjust later)

Um... I've got some time alone, while the bf is workin' over time... should make this worth it!

I don't know where to start, but I think I'm going to rifle through some cds... Count Basie or Dark Side of the Moon or Bonobo...?

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-19-10, 11:52 PM
None of them...

1) Decided to do unnecessary laundry -- stuff I don't worn or dry off with...

(Success! I averted forgetting about the load of cleaning towels I put in last night... No second washing today!

Found afghan my g-ma made me before the craziness started... and I actually live in a place I'd consider taking it out to use)

2) Unload dishwasher

(started to load, not finished...got distracted reaching for sponge under sink and found camel back I hadn't finished cleaning out yet... yet another icky averted)

For how unpredictable I am, I am certainly predictable.

Found two red trader joes bags. One I know is my work clothes from Thursday (forgot my normal shoes got left in the bag). Wonder what's in the other one, I look. What do I find work clothes with my normal the work shoes I couldn't find Thursday.

Krys.
07-20-10, 07:48 AM
None of them...

1) Decided to do unnecessary laundry -- stuff I don't worn or dry off with...

(Success! I averted forgetting about the load of cleaning towels I put in last night... No second washing today!

Found afghan my g-ma made me before the craziness started... and I actually live in a place I'd consider taking it out to use)

2) Unload dishwasher

(started to load, not finished...got distracted reaching for sponge under sink and found camel back I hadn't finished cleaning out yet... yet another icky averted)

For how unpredictable I am, I am certainly predictable.

Found two red trader joes bags. One I know is my work clothes from Thursday (forgot my normal shoes got left in the bag). Wonder what's in the other one, I look. What do I find work clothes with my normal the work shoes I couldn't find Thursday.

I hear ya on the laundry. I have definitely been known to forget a load was in the washer. Then there was a time that I left a load on the clothesline for a week. Boy was I glad they were old home clothes. That way when they faded it wasn't that big of a deal. (=

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-21-10, 01:36 AM
I hear ya on the laundry. I have definitely been known to forget a load was in the washer. Then there was a time that I left a load on the clothesline for a week. Boy was I glad they were old home clothes. That way when they faded it wasn't that big of a deal. (=

And... you just reminded me to switch out today's load (catchup!)

I don't know if thinking is productive, I certainly do a lot of it but none of it is ever really relevant.

I've really only cleaned kitty litter, put in a load of laundry, and swept this evening...I'm going to count thinking today as productive.

1)Where to start to make a study space.

Productive thought ---> Realized that I don't need to fix up upstairs for this purpose and don't want to b/c of location and lighting, and that I can use the bar and sit in the new awesome bar stools.

2)Epiphany putting in dusty CD into CD player. cd player = environment; dusty, smudged CD = me; cloth = coping mechanisms (behavioral/meds); rubbing motions and smudge detection method = strategy

I've made sure that my CD player is working. I've been rubbing with a linty cotton cloth when I put the CD in performance is still iffy. So, I got a microfiber cloth, I know what the dust is... but now I have some smudges to deal with -- and that method is my strategy.

I've got my tools, I've got instructions... I mentally identify and understand. But, for lack of practice and properly doing w/o the right cloth, I think I'm still stuck rubbing the same way. So I need to actually strategize my approach.

Yeah, I'll see how much it's worth. Last real epiphany I had lead me to the right cloth...:p

salleh
07-21-10, 02:25 AM
hah, I am beginning to get discouraged about ever getting this room under control.....as fast as I get some of the stuff removed, that hole if filled.....took out 400 paperback books, and whoosh, the area is now full of clothes ( packed in giant duffle bags cause they're dirty and also winter clothes....and I have another line ?pile of boxes running down the side of the room .....that was the one thing I was most trying to get rid of .....means I can't get to my clothes, behind that line of boxes is my chest of drawers and my closet, ( or clothes rack as it is known to most folks )

also one of the bookshelves....sigh .....don't know why I bother, new piles just appear, I just don't have enough room for the stuff I have my thinning is not keeping up with my aquireing .....

oh to have 2 rooms !

livinginchaos
07-21-10, 02:43 AM
fleish, Nice thread!! even getting something done is better than nothing!

You can do it, salleh! I know what you mean with "my thinning is not keeping up with my acquiring" I have a lot to do in my old apartment. Lots of throwing away and cleaning. With my new place, I'm determined to keep it clean. I cannot believe how disgusting my old apartment is.

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-21-10, 03:07 AM
Oi! Selleh, you're makin' me anxious thinking about it! I hate the lonliness of fighting stuff, especially if there's no one around to banter w/ every once in awhile (Not to say I don't like to do some things very alone but don't feel lonely). I feel like I drain a lot of energy fighting it, or simply if I have someone (if even me) to touch bases with on topic helps me keep my mind in line. I would much rather laugh at the craziness than be frustrated, so I am gunna do whatever tacktic I can and see what sticks, as long it isn't the normal thing I am closer than what I was... I am going to do my best to realize as long as things are in motion everything is all right, everything is in flux and I can't be obsessed with the finish.

Eek! I got way off topic. What I wanted to say was...Oh no! Look what I just did and about to do something too normal(I will pm you later)...!!

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-21-10, 08:17 PM
Normally I wouldn't switch the laundry when I saw the washer and dryer. So I did.

Spent day tossing and rearranging wood in a 20 x 20 ft shed. Disappointed I had no real need to use any rope... darn it, I want to use some!

Moved a 39'' x 75'' x 9'' PVC frame with a mattress encasement over it from one building to another..... WEEE I swear I almost caught air with the driving wind off the coast, quite fun.

Goal tonight is to continue having a good time moving stuff around.

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-22-10, 04:07 AM
Today I helped my boyfriend with the process if setting up a show room for his work---we live in the warehouse next-door... So technically it's home). It is nice to see it coming together after a year if talking about it (uncontrollable forces prevented him starting sooner..).

Task highlights:

More experience working with boyfriend and friend.

Solving the shelving situation.

Solving how to display products to make room look nicer.

Simple solutions using only items you can find is way too much fun. I sort of wish housekeeping presented new problems constantly...perhaps that is why I don't get things properly fixed. As long as it's broken I can constantly find new ways to temporarily fix it...?

Also, at home I did good by changing laundry, fixed dinner when I got home and cleaned up.

I have troubles telling myself to go to bed also remember to brush teeth, especially the teeth.

Last night, my boyfriend made me notice...

I can get myself to do things by sining a stupid song about it!

Silly? Anyone else do this?

Got to brush my teeth,
don't wanna brush my teeth (herumph herumph herumph)
I want some gum (JU-ICY FRUIT)
And normally I would chew and chew
So I should brush my teeth instead... (no! I shall!)
(all the sudden a toothbrush is in my hand with some toothpaste coming out...and I don't remember really starting to walk that way...)

Not much, but despite feeling a bit lame, I am going to try to talk to myself in sing song manner. Feels better than arguing with myself than having a devil and an angel on each shoulder.

So... Tomorrow:
1) dont sit down right when i get home.
2) follow thru w/ making dinner & cleaning it up.
3) find study materials and make a place for them.
4) laundry cont'd...
5) show room cont'd...

Now, I need to figure out how to get my sleeping cat off my lap w/o feeling like a jerk... She's the reason I am up so late! :-p
4)

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-22-10, 10:35 PM
Four days after starting non-essential laundry,

It is done. There is no more laundry in front of the washer and dryer.

Now, laundry project #2 -

Two Points:

A) The essentials laundry pile that is hidden behind a bedroom door, and partially scattered under the bed (never grew up, I tells ya! i remember being locked in my room for weekends on end until the room was cleaned... and every time, man, every time, my family would check on me, they were always amazed to find me seriously busy but no improvement in the room).

B) Put all of the laundry AWAY!

-------
Progress with last nights list --

Did not sit down first thing. Started light house keeping/throwing wrappers away/putting stuff away.

Made dinner, still picking at it along w/ bf starting to eat.

SEPARATED the trash and took it out.

Swept kitchen and laundry room area.

Found study materials, (they were already located in a convenient place!)

Decided to not bring laptop to coffee table, using bar instead. Standing/High stool sitting, I think helps keeps the activity moving.

Yeah... feeling lackluster in general, but I effin' did chores which is usually the last thing I would do on days I get up on the wrong side of the bed! :)

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-25-10, 06:19 PM
Well...

Bit of productive detour... but doesn't mean no progress....

Forgot laundry (oops!) but will fix!
House MAINTAINED in state it was Thursday--this is HUGE! Maintaining!!!

Thinking a lot...

Doing good on brushing teeth, taking out trash (and separating!), keeping dishes rinsed...

seems pathetic that I have troubles doing these things... but need to get over feeling like a failure for it, need to stop associating it with being stupid, need to stop feeling guilty for knowing I've been taught better...

fact is, I am a horrible judge of priority when in the moment of decision. Very hard to fight natural tendencies, but meds help because I'm not too tired by end of work day to parent myself... to change physical habits by having more control over mental state...

Enjoying whimsy that changing habits brings...

I don't like cupboards/drawers, I can't see what is available to me. Leave them open all the time, hit my head, run into them when come around corner too fast, hit my shin, etc. When I am careful to close after use, I forget what is there by time open another -- miss snacks, shirts or misplaced items... Yes, would make sense to open all, see what is there, take needed then close all at once... but when see what is there excited to pull out needed items, forget about the open cupboards till long after....

Any answer to have cupboard/drawers automatically close after a certain amount of time?

doiadhd
07-25-10, 06:31 PM
I have been warming up for these tasks....

But someone keeps beating me to them!

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-25-10, 06:59 PM
Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde?

I try to be true
He tries to be cruel
I'll hold you gently but
He'll smother you

Rebelyell
07-25-10, 07:09 PM
Gotta have the music now:D them faded jeans in the mall are 80 bucks an up so you were doing it for free:DToday wa s1 of them days got 5 gazillion billion things to do an I stayed in bed watching tv an being on internet all day.I didnt do squat today I hate when it gets like this:(I cant get motorvated.

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-25-10, 09:16 PM
mmmm i'm going to get motorvated by pretending to hop on my non-existent motorcycle and vrooming to the bathroom for an oil change and a quick trip to the washer/dryer.

Rebelyell
07-25-10, 10:10 PM
altho I vaccumed last nite left the Vc in the hall way,went to get something to drink out of the kitchen and walked into it in the dark hallway.Good thing I didnt break my foot or toes I was cussing and nearly kicked it 2 feet.Funny I left it there and blame the vaccumm cleaner for being there:D I live w my bro and he doesnt help me,im too point like Im tired of killing my self to make house look nice when he just doesnt give 1 iota about anything.It was hot as balls out yesterday an today,was gonna go jet skiing,but the river is like bathtub water an I need to fix the bunks on the trailer before I lose the ski on the hiway,just to hot to do anything outside right now.

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-26-10, 02:54 AM
It's too hot.

Specials song now in my head, rebel!

Take your sweet time, I plan on it. AND I am gunna do my darnest to enjoy the the process and progress I have made. Find my own priorities and comfort level...and start to execute on what I feel is important and figure out what my motivation actually is vs being resentful for superficial motivation of fear of judgement...

So ya! Sometimes it's too hot and it's ok to yield!

doiadhd
07-27-10, 02:53 PM
Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde?

I try to be true
He tries to be cruel
I'll hold you gently but
He'll smother you

Talking about the Mrs...

But meant what you wrote : D

We need some of that magic potion(R-brain)

No we dont....we tried that remember (hic-L-brain)

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
07-27-10, 09:10 PM
So, I've gotten off track...

But the house is still not any worse than what it was even last week (VICTORY)!!!

Laundry... this is my bane, and luckily its written down here...

ergadz!

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-04-10, 04:03 AM
Pretty soon I maybe taken up to house adventures!

I am liking giving myself some slack. A beneficialside effect is I am giving other people a lot more slack. There seems to be a light air that is more conducive for being productive. I suppose it makes for a better working environment!

I am starting retraining slowly, but I think it will get easier with practice.

The house has been maintained in such a way someone could "pop" over and I wouldn't feel ashamed. I also have not been overwhelmed when large messes were created (friends bday party).

I have also made head way on picking up the back yard with my boyfriend.

And believe it or not...another glass got chewed up by the garbage disposal!

Just my luck... This time, I took time to disinfect the disposal and elbow... In general, I did it more efficiently--less time, less frustration, better planning in anticipating needs.

Doing a task like that was a lot better the second time around! Definitely like having an open to learning... It's nice when anxiety doesn't block the view.

Oh and I did I say I am currently having a good time? It's a good sign that I will keep with it (keeping my fingers crossed).

salleh
08-04-10, 10:07 AM
Hey Fleisch !.......I have a very good idea for you .......get bigger glasses !.....I have chewed up many a piece of silverware in garbage disposals, but a glass ?....not ever that I can think of ......of course, I use the 64 oz "cooler with a handle" that I get at the 7-11......the old ones were better at it than the latest models......

...ok here's a mind jjump, I was talking about how I never got a glass caught in the GD...and it's because I always USED to use big glasses, and they were too big to slip into said GD......but I skipped that step and went straight to the cooler cups I have used for several years now......

.......this whole post ( this one by me) is getting too silly, ...but I wanted to also say, Happy you're being happy, Fleisch ....you deserve it, you've earned it and all humans should be happy also .......

.......and there is not a whole lot of happiness around here......so it is very nice to hear someone is .....keep on smiling girl ......enjoy your life ......

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-05-10, 12:04 AM
The adventures of cleaning continues. A herky jerky start, but whatever... apparently I don't like coming home and starting house chores right away after just working all day. Which, this arrangement works, because I've decided to say eff when things ought to be done and do them when I feel like it (as far as chores and house cleaning goes).

I've discovered a few unlabeled burned CDs from a case of CDs I haven't looked in, in all seriousness of finding a CD to listen to, for years. I am surprised to find one of them is a bunch of Cake songs... why do I like Cake so much? I don't know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QanUKH4Csmw

Oh yes, back to moving everything to sweep and mop the floor! The living room, kitchen and bathroom!

And it's not too bad moving everything... get to see the space differently. =-p

livinginchaos
08-05-10, 12:56 AM
good for you, Fleish! ! Keep on keeping on!

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-05-10, 01:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsDeI7Ds3P0

The novel.
The simple.
The frontier.

My friend said, "Cog sci is still cog sci I can't study one subject for that long. Being on the frontier is much more important to you than it is to me."

Yes, research is exciting... bring the light, let it shine on what you're looking at. New. Novel.

Yet, research is frustrating... no project/study is like another one that we do, there are similarities... but for the most part, there aren't. Whatever it takes to get it done, have to conceive, figure out how to execute, then do it... I am learning as I go... never built half of anything we've had to come up with. But, because it all goes by so fast, literally only one chance to get it right -- so left with all the things to be done differently but can never do it again to master.

Sort of an odd interplay between loving the new and frustrated to never master.

Thinking about cleaning...

It's new for me to be up and about, rearranging...and actual cleaning... Yeah I'm a slow starter =-)

Thinking about simplicity...

This is it, I don't need....

The frontier for raw simplicity -- it is here. So what I'd rather have an axe in hand than a broom...? I can at least still wield a cleaver in the kitchen for a watermelon...

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-07-10, 05:23 AM
So... adventures in the house...

I'm very happy with my attitude towards "chores." I feel the crumbling of the mental walls trapping me. It's all stuff I knew that is starting to be put to practice.

Wednesday I started sweeping and mopping the whole floor (not spot mopping!). While doing it, I had to move furniture. Once I moved it, one thing led to another...

I did not finish mopping that night because I rearranged the living room, moved stuff that was "hiding" into general areas that it will eventually go (living here since march and still not all unpacked and settled:eek: It's getting better...!).

Finished mopping the next night and picking up in general. Friend and his sister came over before I had gotten to some dishes, paper trash, and empty cans (some stragglers left after Sunday b-day bbq for friend), which were absolutely the thing that I didn't really wanna do. Well, he finished the last stretch of cleaning for me, even wiping down the counters (he was excited to use my chemical resistant squirt bottle with a mixture of 200 ppm bleach)!

So, the living room/dining room has been rearranged and things are placed such that they will need to move closer to a proper destination! The floor is clean (it already needs to be swept! but, luckily, I had a good experience last time...=-)

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-11-10, 09:01 PM
House continues to be maintained in fairly clean state -- meaning it still would not be embarrassing for someone to unexpectedly drop by.

Laundry, dishes, sweeping, brushing teeth (at night), taking out the trash, cleaning trash cans, and dusting have been kept up on. Maintaining has taken no more than an average of 20-30 min/day.

I have done a very good job the past two to three weeks remembering street sweeping days! (When the reminder alarm goes off... it's fantastic knowing that I don't have to stop what I'm doing and go move it.)

The upstairs loft space needs to be dealt with... but it is not urgent at the moment.
Bedroom... it's at least 75% better than what it was. Spent time arranging closet and dealing with stray hangers (even my boyfriends side). Closets usually peeve me... hangers especially, so was surprising when I started working on it while putting clothes away.

Um... yeah... even stray puffs of cat hair from the fuzzy Smudge cat.

So, overall... progress... Now, crossing fingers to keep it up. Seems like at least a few times a year I try to do this, even keep with it for a week and a half... but I am always way too stressed by it. I crumble, decide I deserve a break, and there's no coming back to it.

Always heard to not worry about the stuff that is going good and only worry about the stuff going bad. Never made much sense, considering the person it came from is very much so NOT adhd--making more sense now...

Anywho...

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-13-10, 09:02 PM
Yes, yes, this helpful to me thread...

I'm going to attend to you,

Lesee apartment -- a few things to be done for sure.

Let's start with the kitchen and those over ripe bananas...

and the weeks laundry.

So lovely having Friday's with my BF having to work late,

I getta play the music I wanna... and today, it's

this band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXIzyquw-kc

livinginchaos
08-13-10, 09:33 PM
I love how you're figuring out how it works best for you to clean. Finding misc CDs ROCKS!

Do you and your boyfriend not like the same music?

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-13-10, 10:13 PM
Yes, I wish I had more misc. cd's to find.

Oh and I just brought in the trash cans from the street, I washed them down and sanitized them.

I collected all the dishes, rinsed them, put them in the dishwasher. Washed all non-dishwasher safe items. Wiped down the counter and sink, and now waiting a few minutes until I wipe off the cleaner (mmm sanitized, no fear!).

I inherited a bunch of CDs from a friend who moved across country. I have only put in a few misc. cds she had... but I don't know... at first I thought it'd be a lovely adventure. Once in hand, and I could see them... it felt weird and wrong?

It's not that my bf and I don't like the same music... it's that I like music MORE. We have a 1 bdrm place with a loft area (low ceiling and essentially storage room right now). So, yeah. He likes the TV and doesn't mind multiple sources of noise...

Also, it's nice being alone because I don't have someone around distracting me from doing chores, or asking me, "whatcha doin'" when that's the last question I want to be asked when I'm just fiddlin' here fiddlin' there thinkin' here thinkin' there... ya know?

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-13-10, 10:48 PM
AHHHH music totally went to repeat the same song! What happened!?

*glad I figured that one out, because my annoyance level for cleaning escape just went down... and heck, back to it=-)*

livinginchaos
08-13-10, 11:17 PM
You are rockin' it out today (in more ways than 1)!! Way to go, Fleisch!

I love music. I think it's the key to my soul.

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-14-10, 11:18 PM
Picked up the bedroom.

Got laundry together.

Fixed up dresser/clothes.

Put laundry in the washer, dryer, and doing a load of cleaning towels.

Cleaned kitty litter box (completely cleaned and sanitized) as well as the scoop.

Cleaned bathroom, including sink, toilet, shower stall, floor, walls, baseboards, windowsill. Forgot to clean mirror and medicine cabinet, but I just don't give a sheit about that right now.

Man, now where is my beer?

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-14-10, 11:31 PM
Oh yes,

I wanted to share...my easy cleaning solution to dirty walls...

It is predictable where the walls get dirty in my apt. They get dirty below window sills, on window sills (because my cat jumps up) and above and around the stove.

I cleaned well I think just with some soap and water, which isn't the part I thought was neat.

The part I found neat was, afterwards, I took a microfiber cloth and applied a light even amount of mineral oil over it. I tested a bit of the white wall to make sure it wouldn't alter color badly. I then evenly coated the areas that get dirty very fast.

Now, when I have needed to wipe down the dirty spots... I can just dampen a washcloth and the dirt comes right up, when it seems a little harder to wipe up I put a little more mineral oil on.

It's been working for about 3 weeks and the pain still looks good. And looks better than if I hadn't -- cuz, I would have rubbed to the drywall by now.

livinginchaos
08-14-10, 11:47 PM
WOW!!! Great job, Fleisch!!

*here* how about a Stella Artois?

http://www.addforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=198&pictureid=7090

livinginchaos
08-15-10, 10:29 PM
Oh yes,

I wanted to share...my easy cleaning solution to dirty walls...

It is predictable where the walls get dirty in my apt. They get dirty below window sills, on window sills (because my cat jumps up) and above and around the stove.

I cleaned well I think just with some soap and water, which isn't the part I thought was neat.

The part I found neat was, afterwards, I took a microfiber cloth and applied a light even amount of mineral oil over it. I tested a bit of the white wall to make sure it wouldn't alter color badly. I then evenly coated the areas that get dirty very fast.

Now, when I have needed to wipe down the dirty spots... I can just dampen a washcloth and the dirt comes right up, when it seems a little harder to wipe up I put a little more mineral oil on.

It's been working for about 3 weeks and the pain still looks good. And looks better than if I hadn't -- cuz, I would have rubbed to the drywall by now.

The mineral oil is interesting. How did you come up with that?

My secret to getting the walls clean, Mr Clean Magic Eraser. It's awesome. I'm going to try the mineral oil thing.

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-15-10, 10:39 PM
I remembered as a kid that I used to rub a little vegetable oil on the wall around face plates and on door jambs because I HATED cleaning them. They were always dirty because I was always into something dirty... dirt, bike grease, etc. My sisters and mom would make me clean them, because it was one task that I didn't need to be constantly supervised to complete. I remember I used vegetable oil after I watched Mr. Wizard when I was like 4 or 5 and he did an episode on "like dissolves like"... so I decided that the vegetable oil was UNLIKE the paint enough and like enough to my finger oils and grease that it'd work...

So yeah, it was a distant memory that popped back into my head. Used mineral oil because it's clear. As I said, so far, can't really tell a difference in the paint (and it's even non-leaded paint).

Fortune
08-16-10, 12:41 AM
I love the sound of that mineral oil trick. Thanks. :)

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-16-10, 02:29 AM
If you two try it out, let me know how it works out for you and what kind and color of paint you tried it on.

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-28-10, 01:20 AM
Oh saaaaaaaaaaaaasaggga krappa massa ratttna!!! areeeeekie!

Whew.

Haven't done much on this front. I am not stressin' about it though, I've got enough going on and know I shouldn't give myself a hard time about the apartment being in disarray.

Merit promotion, yay. Still in thick of hectic work time... and hectic work time for boyfriend... Seriously, summer is our Christmas season. It's nice it ends with a week long of serendipity and novelty, or whatever you want to make of it. Not going to Burning Man this year... but I think it'll be good for everyone. The boys get to do some man bonding, while I still have to keep my head down at work -- and will give me some time to myself -- a week.

Won't have a car, but I remembered to buy groceries!!!! Woo!!! I'm determined to use the old coffee in the freezer... I swear I can taste and smell the difference after coffee is a couple weeks old, feezer or not.

So, yeah, I was going to start Friday cleaning.

Made a list.

-----Started laundry, need to switch it out.
-----Trash
-----Unpack from work trip
-----Dishes
-----Counter
-----Floor
-----Misc stuff "in box" mash-up

I wonder how far I can get? Letssssseeeeee

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-28-10, 01:36 AM
Oh common! Common!

How awesome is that! I totally have forgotten to buy compost bags for MONTHS (have a large supply of paper bags, but those are gone, gone gone...)...

This week I REMEMBERED TO BUY THEM! Perhaps it was so many trips I had to make to hardware stores in the past few weeks.

Either or,

I love it when I forget that I did something with foresight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7d65xv9-28

salleh
08-28-10, 02:56 AM
Hey Fleisch, here's some music to clean by .....that is if your feet will let you , they http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzoZqsK67Agmight just dance off with you ......

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
08-30-10, 12:15 AM
Sorry Sellah, I like folk, blues, bluegrass.... but I can't clean to that one above...

I like cleaning to Elizabeth Cotten too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMSYzFdloqY&feature=related

Man, today was relaxing. Ate too many fruit snacks, but got laundry done and took a good nap... yeah!

livinginchaos
09-01-10, 09:47 PM
how is your cleaning going, Fleisch?

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
09-02-10, 02:06 AM
I am... hanging in there.

It was an absolute terror of a mess... but got my butt in gear last night...

Today, some friends came by. A fastidious couple -- she is OCD and has been battling it for years, constantly cleaning same with him. So, it was really awesome to hear and see how impressed they were with how clean it was. I got their stamp of approval.

It was nice to see all the work that I have been putting into up keep paid off, I suppose.

If I hadn't done anything over the past two months or so and we made plans... I would have just met them at a restaurant...

It was good having a space other people could be in.

Cleaning is doing well, and I can't believe I cleaned after the past couple weeks I've had. This is my backsliding time... but this time... *crosses fingers*

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
09-04-10, 12:02 AM
THANK YOU SALLEH!!!

Today Salleh helped me sand and varnish my wooden counter top...

Frickin' awesome and excited... giddy giddy giddy it's going to be so pretty!

salleh
09-04-10, 12:21 AM
you're entirely welcome Fleisch ......and it is gonna look fabulous.....but I am not sure that a thin coating of sawdust is your best look....hee hee......

( the dust catcher on my random orbital is hiding somewhere, so Fleisch had the thing blowing sawdust alllllll over her.....a nice, even, and rather thick coating of hardwood sawdust from the top of her head to the tips of her barefoot toes .....

( eek, you might want to brush your kitty, it just dawned on me that she probably got sawdusty too !

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
09-04-10, 12:59 AM
Most looks I don't do well, I can see how being flocked like a Christmas tree certainly isn't the most flattering!... I shook my head and MORE would come down! (Don't worry, no more shaking inside of the house till it dries. I want to go over and touch it...)

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
09-12-10, 01:46 AM
Oh! For all that is good!!

It's disorganized, but it's 85% clean...... that I may want to throw mysel

Left to be done:
Stove... counters... sink... inside the fridge... and eek! the top of the fridge!!!

more laundry and folding.

Not much compared to what got done today -- man, I'm feeling an unfamiliar compulsion, I don't think I know myself. Wait, yes I do. My normal pattern...Push...then push, push more faster and harder then ... crash. So, I need to be mindful of that--where's the breaking point though?

livinginchaos
09-14-10, 12:18 AM
how are things, Fleisch?

βĩο₱Ħعℓĩᶏ
11-10-10, 07:48 PM
So, I found the breaking point. As usual, signs were there, but obviating before the fact is beyond my understanding and life skills. I sort of need a break, a formal stop so I can reset. I need a defined start to modify general behavior, bit like over summer vacation at school, 50 % of what's learned is forgotten. It's a rub needing stops and starts (as defined in my head by some arbitrary criteria, which are deceptively logical and rational but the very real yet invisible mental road block of needing particulars is ridiculously irrational) when I know that only real progress (feeling of achievment and accomplishment and not tainted with embitterment of a pyrrhic victory) happens through keeping control of constant and consistent motion...

Oh and to the point,

I think I am back on track! What's nice this go round, is the house stuff kept going when other stuff went crazy...so, eventhough house got messy, it was quick and fairly painless to get her in shape (if houses catch viruses, it caught a cold, not a flu ... Thank god no ER trip necessary for an IV). So, that's good.

Managed to rearrange bedroom, sort and organize, implementing systems... (and not sabotaging myself by getting too thwarted by my poor executive functioning in handling details...such that I abandon before I even start).

Have done all laundry, dishes,

Oh finally figured how to manage the kitty litter so I dont feel anxious like the germs are invading but not needing to be obsessive over it (I.e. Checking it whenever the cat goes close) and not needing to completely ignore it (because obsessive is painful).

Floors, done... Starting prepwork for gifts.

So, with basics covered... can I finally get to hobbies and extracurriculars guilt free??????

Meds definitely helping... this go round feeling like its a bit less ominous, not feeling defeated before I start (brain is cooperating... Weird.)