View Full Version : Dreams I have had about school starting (so far)...

demfabbones
07-24-10, 11:12 PM
1. I am in my classroom/school, which of course look nothing like how they are in real life. I have the same class all day and there is a girl named Teka (an anagram of Kate, though for the life of me I can't figure out why that should mean anything) who is absolutely making my life a living H-E-double hockey sticks. She is a horrible, horrible little child. Also, my least favorite teacher in the entire building, who I fear may one day sexually harass me, is for some reason assigned to just hang out in my classroom all day for no apparent reason. I go out to lunch with my mom and sob about how much I hate it and how I'll never last the entire year, and she says I have to. The rest of the day most of my energy goes to holding back tears, especially in front of Teka.

2. I am in my classroom/school, which looks pretty much as it does in real life except there is a new, very fancy (think rich mahogany) office which holds 5 teachers' desks. One of the new teachers is my brother. (If my brother was a teacher in real life, the entire school system would just shut down from pure fear and shock.) It is the first day of school and things are going okay. Then my principal tells me I will have to cover someone else's class 6th period and will therefore have to find a sub for my own class (which makes absolutely no sense, but hey, it's a dream.) I find a mean old lady sub, who looks just like Ms. Zarves from the "Wayside School" books. Everything appears to be all lined up and I'm just heading out to 6th period when Ms. Zarves asks me, in a really mean and nasty way, what I'm planning on having her do with my kids while I'm gone. I tell her to check the sub plans. She says there aren't any, and I remember that since it's the first day of school, I've totally forgotten to do that yet. Other teachers start to gang up on me and ask me why I didn't leave her sub plans, what is she supposed to do now, etc. etc. and I'm freaking out because I'm running late, and what is this mean old lady going to think of me when she realizes I'm totally unprepared, and then I think, "Oh hey, this is a dream, so it doesn't even matter what you think, crazy old lady," and I wake up.

The end.

furthuron
07-27-10, 10:43 PM
I keep having dreams, too! I'm starting my third phase of student teaching (high school English) in a few short weeks. Luckily I'm meeting with my CT tomorrow, so I stopped having the unprepared dreams, at least for the time being.

Good luck! :)