View Full Version : Cpap

Yaaziel
07-26-10, 08:56 PM
I just wanted to list another option that people that might consider...

I recently went to a sleep clinic to address my snoring, which was keeping my wife up, and I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. They urged me to use the CPAP machine, which I resisted as being, well, pathetic.

But it's been a couple months, and I'm glad I'm using it. It has its drawbacks --if my nose is stuffy, it will send air down into my gut like a balloon, and I wake up with a big belch (sorry). But I don't wake up in the middle of the night anymore. Straight through. It's unheard of.

I have more energy (I'm ADD-PI, so this is a godsend), and feel healthier.

I f you have the insurance (I do, but we're still paying like $300 or something), but I sleep, and my wife sleeps.

Of course, I sleep so well now, I'm looking for a good alarm clock!

Spacemeat
07-27-10, 05:44 PM
You and I are in similar boats! (And, judging by the avatar, share certain interests...)

I live with ADHD-PI (and an LD) as well as obstructive sleep apnea. I had once assumed a correlation, but using the CPAP machine didn't manage to 'cure' my ADHD at all. That being said, the difference has been indescribable; in short, one of those 'I had no idea what I was missing!' sorts of affairs.

It's also worth nothing that beyond energy and alertness, sleep apnea can severely affect your overall physical health - your heart, especially. It's very important that you have it looked into if you have even the slightest notion that perhaps you suffer from it.

Good luck!