View Full Version : seroquel xr

bomberbeamish
07-28-10, 10:47 AM
i saw my cpn today and she has told me to up my seroquel 50mg xr,, to up it to 3 times aday,,so that is to cut out the 25mg single doses, to even me out, any input pls,, no bad storys

lucy

Possum
07-28-10, 10:59 AM
What is your diagnosis, if you don't mind my asking? I was on seroquel for a long time to help me sleep. Then they added 200 mg in the daytime to help with anxiety. In my case it did little to help with that, plus it interfered with my ADD med (adderall). So, I stopped the daytime dose.

Seroquel has been very agressively marketed to physicians and IMO, it is over prescribed. Almost everyone at the clinic I attend seems to be on it, no matter what their diagnosis.

On the other hand, seroquel seems to work OK with people who are bi-polar or who have psychotic episodes.

I am not a doctor - this is only my personal experience. Its hard to really comment without knowing you diagnosis.

mezzanine
07-28-10, 12:48 PM
Seroquel has been very agressively marketed to physicians and IMO, it is over prescribed. Almost everyone at the clinic I attend seems to be on it, no matter what their diagnosis.

Seroquel is (was?) ridiculously overprescribed. Perhaps not so much, anymore, because of the federal investigation.