View Full Version : how much meds is to much

kdrifter440
07-28-10, 01:10 PM
one would assume this person is a drug addict but remember doctors write the scripts not the patients.

Why would they put this 25 year female on all this sh***t

Amitriptyline 300 mg per day for depression, migraines
Abilify 30 mg per day for manic bipolar
Lorazepam 6 mg per day for panic attacks
Hydrocod-Ibuprof 600 mg per day for neck pain
Topamax 100 mg per day for migraines, bringe eating disorder
Treximet when needed for migraines

4 years ago no meds at all
3.5 years ago Amitriptyline for depression Binge Eating starts ( I assume this must might be hunger cravings caused by tricyclics)
2 years ago minor car accident
-Abilify prescribed for bi polar (this is when the panic attacks started)
-Lorazepam added on a week later to stop panic attacks
-Amitriptyline increased
-Hydrocod-Ibuprof for neck pain (Still complains of neck pain I assume all the mental health drugs are blocking something)

1.5 years ago drops out of college when 80% done and quits job because of mental issues
1 year ago Topamax added within 3 months dosage spiked up to 300 per day (Feet turning black and numb
9 months ago severe memory loss and loss of congivite function(300 mg of topamax duh)
3 month ago Topamax decreased to 100 mg

PRESENT TIME STILL HAS NECK PAIN, MIGRANES, STILL HAS SOME ANXIETY, STILL HAS MEMORY LOSS AND LOSS OF CONGIVITE FUNCTION
STILL DEPRESSED AND BINGE EATING, GAINED 50 LBS IN 2 YEARS, FEET TURNING BLACK AND TINGLING, FALL ASLEEP DURING THE DAY
UNABLE TO BE WOKE UP A NIGHT IF THERE WAS A FIRE SHE WOULD NOT WAKE UP. SLEEP WALKING GETTING BRUISED ALL OVER FROM FALLING
DURING SLEED WALKING. MOOD SWINGS

mezzanine
07-28-10, 01:14 PM
Now one would assume this person is a drug addict but remember doctors write the scripts not the patients.

Amitriptyline 300 mg per day
Abilify 30 mg per day
Lorazepam 6 mg per day
Hydrocod-Ibuprof 600 mg per day
Topamax 100 mg per day
Treximet when needed

It is impossible to say without knowing her diagnosis and history.

kdrifter440
07-28-10, 01:28 PM
diagnosis and history added

DADHD
07-28-10, 03:00 PM
I'm on 11 different prescriptions and I'm a 30 year old male. Just last year I was on none.

mezzanine
07-28-10, 06:49 PM
one would assume this person is a drug addict but remember doctors write the scripts not the patients.

Amitriptyline 300 mg per day for depression, migraines
Abilify 30 mg per day for manic bipolar
Lorazepam 6 mg per day for panic attacks
Hydrocod-Ibuprof 600 mg per day for neck pain
Topamax 100 mg per day for migraines, bringe eating disorder
Treximet when needed for migraines

4 years ago no meds at all
3.5 years ago Amitriptyline for depression Binge Eating starts ( I assume this must might be hunger cravings caused by tricyclics)
2 years ago minor car accident
-Abilify prescribed for bi polar (this is when the panic attacks started)
-Lorazepam added on a week later to stop panic attacks
-Amitriptyline increased
-Hydrocod-Ibuprof for neck pain (Still complains of neck pain I assume all the mental health drugs are blocking something)

1.5 years ago drops out of college when 80% done and quits job because of mental issues
1 year ago Topamax added within 3 months dosage spiked up to 300 per day (Feet turning black and numb
9 months ago severe memory loss and loss of congivite function(300 mg of topamax duh)
3 month ago Topamax decreased to 100 mg

PRESENT TIME STILL HAS NECK PAIN, MIGRANES, STILL HAS SOME ANXIETY, STILL HAS MEMORY LOSS AND LOSS OF CONGIVITE FUNCTION
STILL DEPRESSED AND BINGE EATING, GAINED 50 LBS IN 2 YEARS, FEET TURNING BLACK AND TINGLING, FALL ASLEEP DURING THE DAY
UNABLE TO BE WOKE UP A NIGHT IF THERE WAS A FIRE SHE WOULD NOT WAKE UP. SLEEP WALKING GETTING BRUISED ALL OVER FROM FALLING
DURING SLEED WALKING. MOOD SWINGS

There is no way for us to assess this. If you are concerned for her, you should suggest she get a second opinion from another doctor, ideally one which specializes in the kinds of problems she is having.