View Full Version : Ambien = sick to stomach

gnbeg
08-01-10, 10:36 PM
Forgot to refill my seroquel. So, I popped an Ambien last night. The normal generic Ambien, not the CR version. It helped but I didn't sleep deeply. I tossed and turned all night and woke up early (~5am) still very tired. So, I popped an additional 1/2 pill hoping to get a few hours of sleep.

My stomach has been very upset all day. I'm not the type to puke easily, but there have been a few close calls today.

I did have a couple of drinks at a wedding reception early yesterday evening, well before bedtime. Well, OK, 3 drinks. But, again, well before bedtime. I've had a few drinks and taken Ambien before and didn't have a problem.

Anyway, just wondering if it's that extra 1/2 pill that is the culprit? The alcohol? I guess I could easily have a minor stomach bug.

(I hope I didn't post this in the wrong area of this forum??)

twinch42085
09-19-10, 04:55 AM
When I take a little extra ambien my stomach becomes upset. I think it is due to the excessive relaxation it does to your body.

Hearty Soul
09-19-10, 07:01 AM
I have been using Ambien or the generic (Zolpidem) 5 mg on and off for many years. I sleep when i take it like a child, one stretch, and wake up with great energy and moods!

Alcohol sometimes either weakens or increases the effect of medicine.

Anytime I drink 5 oz of wine close to bed time without any medicines, I wake up a few times at night...normal reaction to dehydration from alchohol!

No upset stomach for me on Ambien. It is my favorite. I MAKE SURE NOW THAT WHEN I TAKE IT, I GO STRAIGHT TO BE WITHOUT BEING TEMPTED TO READ OR TO TALK TO ANYONE. Otherwise, my body stays awake while my brain goes to sleep....any conversations or anything I do is forgotten completely on wake up the next day.

[I went to my nephew's wife funeral in NC. I was lonely around midnight and sad. IAfter I took my ambien, I thought of hubby and I wanted him to comfort me as it is very hard ton anyone to lose a loving beautiful 42 years young lady to Cancer. I thought I would just talk for a few seconds. We talked for long, but can't remember how long! The following day's afternoon hubby calls from Raleigh's airport!! Everyone appreciated that ...I was very surprised as I knew he could not take off and that was why I went alone. At night he told me that I cried on the phone and I needed him to be beside me!! OMG! :o:mad: OOOH what did I do!! No memory oat all of any of the conversation!].

Be careful of what you say or write if you decided to take you ambien and think it would be smart to do one thing, check email, respond to a thread, etc,...

twinch42085
09-19-10, 11:27 AM
I have been using Ambien or the generic (Zolpidem) 5 mg on and off for many years. I sleep when i take it like a child, one stretch, and wake up with great energy and moods!

Alcohol sometimes either weakens or increases the effect of medicine.

Anytime I drink 5 oz of wine close to bed time without any medicines, I wake up a few times at night...normal reaction to dehydration from alchohol!

No upset stomach for me on Ambien. It is my favorite. I MAKE SURE NOW THAT WHEN I TAKE IT, I GO STRAIGHT TO BE WITHOUT BEING TEMPTED TO READ OR TO TALK TO ANYONE. Otherwise, my body stays awake while my brain goes to sleep....any conversations or anything I do is forgotten completely on wake up the next day.

[I went to my nephew's wife funeral in NC. I was lonely around midnight and sad. IAfter I took my ambien, I thought of hubby and I wanted him to comfort me as it is very hard ton anyone to lose a loving beautiful 42 years young lady to Cancer. I thought I would just talk for a few seconds. We talked for long, but can't remember how long! The following day's afternoon hubby calls from Raleigh's airport!! Everyone appreciated that ...I was very surprised as I knew he could not take off and that was why I went alone. At night he told me that I cried on the phone and I needed him to be beside me!! OMG! :o:mad: OOOH what did I do!! No memory oat all of any of the conversation!].

Be careful of what you say or write if you decided to take you ambien and think it would be smart to do one thing, check email, respond to a thread, etc,...
The 10mg of Zolpidem that I have been taking for centuries now has definitely led me on some crazy trips. The medicine itself is great, but the anterograde amnesia side effect is ridonculous IMO.

icedcoffee
11-27-12, 12:20 PM
It actually does the opposite for me. Ambien cancels out the nauseous feeling I get when my Adderall is wearing off.

surferdude123
12-15-12, 07:39 PM
I found this as well.

Joker_Girl
12-27-12, 11:08 PM
I have some ambient they recently prescribed me for insomnia as I was having great problems with it several times a week. These are 10 mg and I take one any night I feel like I am going to have problems.

I do not find I stay awake long enough on it to know if I am nauseous or not. I am out within a half hour at most. I take it and immediately go to bed. If I lay awake watching TV my husband says I will be slurring and saying bizarre stuff and I don't remember it.

I like that I do not feel sluggish in the morning.

wills11
04-04-13, 09:21 PM
gnbeg,
how many mg is the actual pill? What time did you take it? What was the last thing you had eaten? And how long did it take to fall asleep after taking it?

Oowattie
03-20-17, 07:00 AM
I take ambien too and works great to help me great
Get sleep the for! I just cant seem to get mine or enough with my tolerance.