View Full Version : Tenex -intuniv + stimulants

hollywood
08-05-10, 11:54 AM
I have long been on concerta and ritalin , in college the combo was all I needed. At work I have made the addition of wellbutrin, I have noted that wellbutrin for the most part played one role in my day to day situations. That is with the addition of wellbutrin I would get things done and stay more on task, otherwise the procrastination and my follow through were sub par, which is not like my college and academic performance. Since that time I have at times felt overfocused, way underfocused, and in general not as focused with wellbutrin and concerta as I was with ritalin and concerta on it's own but my performance without wellbutrin was really just too inconsistent and despite the cognitive decline I have kept with wellbutrin. Since then I have had issues socially which innately I am very gregarious at times and at times not social.. like many with adhd it depends on my comfort level, and honestly this has just been chipping away at my confidence. The wellbutrin and concerta at times adds to my aggressionion and edginess and I have to do something about it. I take a high dose stimulant which may contribute to the problem but lower doses do not help my adhd. So I have long debated of whether intuniv or tenex are the answers... I have taken today low dose lexapro and as expected am more at ease which is all I really need. I'm wondering if tenex or intuniv can be taken safely with concerta and wellbutrin because that is the only reason I decided to take lexapro. I am unsure of people who are taking lexapro if they suffer cognition deficits which really I am trying to avoid but also I realize that some of this from lexapro may help me socially. Not sure which route to take.

hollywood
07-01-11, 02:00 PM
Hello people, I would like to know if the combination of intuniv with stimulants is safe. Sometimes with ritalin or focalin I get this jittery feeling and its not cool, right now I strained a muscle and have tendonitis near my chest where I lift very often and my stimulants make this so much more not comfortable. I'm against poly pharmacy so I was wondering if intuniv is safe and helpful.

markadd
07-01-11, 07:40 PM
Im hoping it helps with my restlessness. I confuse this with anxiety. Take klonidine but realize its not anxiety its my hyperactiviy I express internally.

hollywood
07-03-11, 12:40 AM
Keep me posted.'

sarahsweets
07-03-11, 06:53 AM
My daughter is pres prescribed clonidine for the nighttime. We are currently running the stimulant spectrum of medications for her because she is really sensitive to the side effects. I know from some research that clonidine is often given with stimulants to control tics and sometimes to balance out the anxiety from stimulants. Alot of people who have used a benzo for that purpose have switched to clonidine. I'm not a doctor of course but to my knowledge the combo is safe.I hope this helps.

hollywood
07-10-11, 02:59 PM
Does it counter the physical anxiety from Ritalin?