View Full Version : Smartphones?

joklem
08-08-10, 04:42 PM
I bought an iPhone last month and it sort of changed my life. I add everything I need to do to my calendar on the spot, I can write notes of things I need to remember, I downloaded a tasks app that lets me add tasks quickly and ordered in priority, I can't get lost with GPS, internet at my fingertips on the go, etc...

It's basically becoming my external brain.

I'm starting to think that a smartphone/pocket computer should be in every ADHDer's toolkit.

Babyanne
08-08-10, 05:02 PM
I totally agree. With one exception. I keep a paper small note pad handy to write down stuff while I am on my phone. I guarentee you if I get off the phone thinking that I will go directly into my calendar to change an apt I will get distracted with the email or text!

Otherwise I agree and welcome you to the world of iPhone users...It is truly a happy place:o

joklem
08-08-10, 05:09 PM
Ha didn't think of that. Thanks for the tip.

the_atom
08-08-10, 08:13 PM
I find that my iPhone can be an additional distraction, in that I have to make sure that I don't start faffing about on youtube just because I can :P

Having said that, it is a ridiculously useful gadget. It would have been interesting to have been diagnosed with ADD before I got my iPhone, rather than after. I might have had a slightly different relationship with it in that case :P

joklem
08-08-10, 08:20 PM
I find that my iPhone can be an additional distraction, in that I have to make sure that I don't start faffing about on youtube just because I can :P

Having said that, it is a ridiculously useful gadget. It would have been interesting to have been diagnosed with ADD before I got my iPhone, rather than after. I might have had a slightly different relationship with it in that case :P

Well I bought it for the purpose of using it as a personal data assistant.

Of course I mess around with it, but so far it hasn't distracted me. I set all the push notifications to off so all I randomly get are phone calls and text messages.

Werl
08-08-10, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the iPhone family.

Appel
08-09-10, 09:54 PM
They're a mixed blessing, great place for putting down appointment and reminder alarms, like you know it's Wednesday and my kid is being released from school EARLY today. I really almost forgot once, so I set a weekly alarm.

Great for keeping /sharing contact infos.

Also great for when your waiting, but sometimes hard to close the damn game when you got work to do!

Overall though a major plus!

-Appel