View Full Version : Dominant sense

Spaced_In
08-17-10, 08:21 PM
How do you find out what your dominant sense is. I know my brother's is sight coz he has the best sight in the family and not so good hearing or smell. My dad's is hearing coz he can hear me swearing from my room. My mum's is smell coz she can smell things really strongly but i dont know what mine is i think its hearing all smell but i dont know. When i hear i can hear sounds from ages away but when people talk i sometimes have trouble hearing them but others dont. I think that might be because my brain is to slow to catch up with my ears. And with my sense of smell i can smell things a lot of the time before other people but i prefer my hearing to my sense of smell

Trooper Keith
08-17-10, 10:51 PM
Senses don't really work like attributes from video games.

Spaced_In
08-18-10, 02:51 AM
Yeah. But everyone has a sense that they rely on the most because its their best sense and more dominant then the others

tudorose
08-18-10, 03:46 AM
What about common sense?

Trooper Keith
08-18-10, 08:34 AM
Yeah. But everyone has a sense that they rely on the most because its their best sense and more dominant then the others

Do you have a citation for this? I know in people with impairments (blind, deaf, etc.) the other senses compensate, but I'm not certain people have one sense that they rely on any more than any others.

joklem
08-18-10, 08:44 AM
What about common sense?

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." -Albert Einstein :D

The Audience
08-18-10, 09:24 AM
The dominant senses for all humans are sight and touch. More of our cortex is devoted to these two senses than any other.