View Full Version : differences between lexapro and celexa

hollywood
08-18-10, 01:54 PM
Hello,

I've asked like a million times , this is my third day on 10mg of celexa and all of the sudden on day three I have alot of somnolence going. For once my anxiety is way down and I had zero chest tightness which tells me that most of my chest tightness is probably straight up anxiety and not directly linked to stimulant side effects....Dunno? Anyways , I'm not sure if I can operate like this moving forward, I just don't feel like I have anything on my mind or am really up to much. Is this transient? Not sure if lexapro has less mental interference or if ssri's are just wrong all together. I guess I will continue for a week or two. Also , I'm taking this in the morning and it really hits hard at night , just have no energy later in the afternoons.

mimi'sdreaming
08-20-10, 09:24 AM
Hello,

I've asked like a million times , this is my third day on 10mg of celexa and all of the sudden on day three I have alot of somnolence going. For once my anxiety is way down and I had zero chest tightness which tells me that most of my chest tightness is probably straight up anxiety and not directly linked to stimulant side effects....Dunno? Anyways , I'm not sure if I can operate like this moving forward, I just don't feel like I have anything on my mind or am really up to much. Is this transient? Not sure if lexapro has less mental interference or if ssri's are just wrong all together. I guess I will continue for a week or two. Also , I'm taking this in the morning and it really hits hard at night , just have no energy later in the afternoons.

I'm sure it's transient. That's what I've found with most of the SSRI's I've taken. Hang in there for a few more days..... :)

Abi
08-20-10, 10:45 AM
It's usually transient, it was for me. Two or three weeks max, possibly less.

The probability & intensity of side effects with Lexapro is SLIGHTLY lower than with Celexa. Differs for different people. Give it a total of 3 weeks, if your'e still have problems, switch.

hollywood
08-20-10, 02:38 PM
still feel pretty drained today, just absolutely zero motivation. I added the celexa to wellbutrin for my symptoms in addition to my adhd stims. I think I may need to increase my wellbutrin dose to 300 if this keeps up or switch to lexapro...