View Full Version : Add in los angeles... Help

Geophray
08-25-10, 04:15 AM
Hi, this is my first post, pretty happy that i found this forum and to see that it gets a lot of traffic from some intelligent people.

A little about myself, I'm a 22 male college student in Claremont, CA... but if good help is out there, i'm willing to travel.

I have ADD and also struggle with a myriad number of mood disorders from anxiety to severe depression.

So first, Does anyone have a good referal for A CBT therapist in LA?

and then, I would be very interested in anything relating to group work or programs or even possibly a good research study in la that can help me with where i am at the moment.
Thanks in advanced for any responses...
glad to be here,
Geoff

Tiffers
01-06-11, 06:31 PM
Hey Geoff,

Welcome to the forums! You can try contacting the county mental health department and getting a referral that way. That's how I got enrolled in the Recovery Inc. program. It's not specifically for people with ADD but for people with mental/emotional conditions in general, including anxiety and depression. I found it to be of great help. I was living in the south bay area at the time (Torrance, Inglewood, Gardena....) but the department has practitioners and programs all around L.A county. Wishing you the best. :)

LAguy
01-08-11, 05:45 PM
Who is a really good adult ADD psychiatrist in LA? Who is considered the best? I have tried most of the meds and most kept me awake all night. Currently on Metadate but it does not help enough. My wife thinks I need a combination.

lag