View Full Version : 5 hour energy

js89
08-27-10, 03:50 PM
has anyone experienced depression after drinking a "5 hour energy?" I drank one two days ago and have felt severely depressed, manic, irritable, and overly emotional ever since.

Alex9
08-27-10, 09:19 PM
Hey welcome to the forums. I live near boston too!

Anyways sometimes if drink a lot of caffeine it will do weird things to me, but I dont drink caffeine ever since I started on adhd meds. If your on a med then maybe that could have something to do with it.

And in case you havent figured it out yet, not too many people post in these teen forums:)

Werl
08-27-10, 10:06 PM
I don't know about down in the states, but here it's made without caffeine.

Keestra
08-28-10, 03:41 PM
Yeah, Canada has some weird laws regarding energy drinks and caffeine. JS89 if you could provide some more info i would really appericate it, like age weight, meds you take ,activity level and tolerance to meds (caffine included) and wat ealse you had that day or week. Thoose are signs of alota different things and could be anything from bad drug interaction to caffeine withdrawal witch would seem a lot more likely because of how long they lasted but those are normaly accompanied by physical symptoms too and would not bed set off by a single dose of caffeine to a non tolerant person, especially by how little you consumed. I mean at the peak of my tolerance 700mgs a day did nothing to me and i had seriously awful withdrawal for a week similar to what u mentioned, until i was able to obtain some stuff to use to tapper off. You can PM if you would rather not share that info with everyone.

Alex9
08-28-10, 10:06 PM
Yeah seems like really bad caffeine withdrawals combined with a weird interaction with your meds possibly.

And werl, in the states it has about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.

Alpineski
09-02-10, 10:02 PM
The best thing I've done for myself is eliminating caffeine/coffee/soda from my diet.

Of course, I'll have a cup of coffee every now and then, or drink a glass of soda, but nothing daily like I used to be.

It's amazing how much more "pure" energy your body comes up with when you do that.

MissBonkers
09-03-10, 09:29 PM
I've tried the "caffeine free" 5 Hour Energy Shots. I have NO idea what it's made from but my bet is that it's made from Robin Williams ****.

Michiko74
09-24-10, 02:13 PM
I haven't had any of those drinks, but your reaction doesn't surpurise me.

Hopefully you're feeling better now. What are you doing to manage your symptoms? Are you on any medications? If you've decided not to take any medications, have you looked into any alternative methods?

There are ways to manage your symptoms so you don't feel like this. If you need any help, just ask.

ChrisNewZealand
09-29-10, 08:41 AM
Why are you drinking energy drinks? Are you tired? You might just need sleep.

The drink is sugar free, are you trying to lose weight? Not eating will make you cranky.

I assure you, that drink will not have had any long term effect, the ingredients arn't capable of it.

Stop worrying, and take care of yourself:

Good food

Sleep

Water