View Full Version : Special Ed

JayManADD
09-01-10, 08:41 AM
If you rode the short bus to school as a kid you think it's possible you would of rode the longer bus if you had used adderall?

They say adderall is the smart pill any truth to this ?

Imnapl
09-01-10, 11:26 AM
I work in the school system. In my province, students with just ADHD do not qualify for special ed.

JayManADD
09-01-10, 12:01 PM
I work in the school system. In my province, students with just ADHD do not qualify for special ed.

Well it is a smart pill... It could land these special needs
Kids into
College real quick...The adderall raises dopephine in the brain and makes
One
Smarter these kids could ace test quickly and accurately without the confusion and learning skills to get the paper done flawless. The kids social
Skills would be up to par with the popular
Kids and maybe even surpass them. Let's get these kids dialed in... Less and less
Short buses would be on the road and more college grants on the rise.

Imnapl
09-01-10, 12:28 PM
If only that were true.

JayManADD
09-01-10, 12:32 PM
If only that were true.

It is true

fropunka
09-01-10, 01:12 PM
No, it isn't true.

Adderall does NOT make you smarter. It might make it easier to learn things, but that is totally different from being "smarter".

Imnapl
09-01-10, 04:54 PM
Well it is a smart pill... It could land these special needs
Kids into
College real quick...The adderall raises dopephine in the brain and makes
One
Smarter these kids could ace test quickly and accurately without the confusion and learning skills to get the paper done flawless. The kids social
Skills would be up to par with the popular
Kids and maybe even surpass them. Let's get these kids dialed in... Less and less
Short buses would be on the road and more college grants on the rise.So how long have you been taking Adderall?

JayManADD
09-01-10, 05:29 PM
No, it isn't true.

Adderall does NOT make you smarter. It might make it easier to learn things, but that is totally different from being "smarter".

I just graduated college... Without Adderall I couldn't even finish HS. I took Adderall for one week took my GED test passed with ease a couple years ago, and went to college. I'm working on my masters now. In School I wasn't a good student. I didn't understand things.

Something to this Adderall.

JayManADD
09-01-10, 05:29 PM
So how long have you been taking Adderall?

2007 is when I first got prescribed..

fropunka
09-01-10, 05:42 PM
I just graduated college... Without Adderall I couldn't even finish HS. I took Adderall for one week took my GED test passed with ease a couple years ago, and went to college. I'm working on my masters now. In School I wasn't a good student. I didn't understand things.

Something to this Adderall.

I'm glad Adderall is helping you so much, but most likely the reason you passed while taking Adderall is because you can now pay attention. If you are smart now, you were smart before.

APSJ
09-01-10, 07:12 PM
Am I right in assuming that if you were prescribed adderall, you were first diagnosed with ADHD?

ADHD is a disorder for which adderall is a proven treatment. Some students with ADHD can indeed do without special education services if they take medication that works for them. Others cannot.

None of this is relevant to students with learning disabilities, intellectual disabilities, or other conditions that might lead them to need special education or related services. Adderall is not, to my knowledge, a proven treatment for any of these things.

Rebelyell
09-01-10, 08:34 PM
Hey watch it I was a Opshop kid.NO Its all about money an politics,Ive could of taken the whole medicine cabinet and I'd still would of been stuck in the retard and misbehaved maladjusted inbreds class