View Full Version : The sound of velcro

Princess Moon
09-03-10, 11:59 PM
The one sound I cannot stand that makes me cringe and feel like vomiting every time I hear it is the sound of velcro, like those velcro sneakers. That sound makes me feel nauseous and it's always driven me crazy. Ironic, because of my fine motor skill deficits I'm bad at tying shoes and my shoes get untied, but I hated velcro sneakers because that sound was awful. Does anyone else hate the sound of velcro?

salleh
09-04-10, 12:22 AM
nope, but vacuum cleaners?? not so much !

Hearty Soul
09-04-10, 12:46 AM
Personally, it depends on the time of the day. At the end of the day, late evenings, I have very little tolerance to any *unnecessary* sound!

Nifferka
09-04-10, 03:45 AM
Oooh, velcro ::shudder:: I also can't stand the sound of paper tearing. (My 3-year-old, on the other hand, likes the sound of paper tearing, but doesn't like the look of her wallpaper, so she tears away at it whenever she's by herself in the room.)

Right now, my husband is re-hanging the door in the kitchen (with a slightly loose glass panel in it), and there is an intermittent banging/rattling sound whenever he tries to drop it onto the hinge bolt thingy that is driving me nuts and I can't type any more...