View Full Version : NYC: ADHD Awareness Week Meetup/Tweetup/Happy Hour

jf0417
09-07-10, 03:25 PM
Hi all in the NYC area!

Holding a Meetup/Tweetup during Happy Hour at Fiddlesticks Pub in NYC to kick off the beginning of ADHD Awareness Week and to raise awareness online for ADHD in terms of social media! Anyone local, I'd love to see you out! Its going to be a great time!

RSVP and get more info here:
http://adhdawarenessmeetuptweetup.eventbrite.com

Saladd
09-09-10, 07:32 PM
Ahh, can't make it, but this seems like a great time. I had no idea there was an ADHD awareness week. Enjoy!

Rebelyell
09-09-10, 08:05 PM
Its the 13th,Id love to join,give me a reason to get into the city again w out feeling like a lone loser but Dont think Ill be able to make it.Ive given up trying to educate ignoramuses and stupid shallow people,let them wallow in there glam and misery and plastic smile lives.

jf0417
09-10-10, 12:17 PM
Rebelyell, you should still come!! Don't worry about them, come out and have some fun! Did I mention how cheap the drinks will be? :p

Rebelyell
09-10-10, 12:26 PM
I could always get the train from new brunswick to penn station. be there for 5-6 and hopefully not have to stumble bum home .I dont know NY city too well,as Im overwhelmed by big and crowded places for some reason when Im by myself. Me w drinking is its either all or nothing.If I have to drive or ge tup for work maybe 1-3 drinks and if not the German in me comes out and lets just say its alot more then 10.:D

Rebelyell
09-10-10, 12:34 PM
Back at end of june I think I ate there w aunt cousins,niece and nephew an bro.If the bathrooms are downstairs in the basement and across from bar/other side of room where stairs go down to bathrooms,its got a wall w wrought iron design on top of it facing to the street. Then that be it:D

jf0417
09-10-10, 01:41 PM
I believe that's the place :)

Its been a few years since I have been, so I'm a little rusty in terms of remembering, but I do know its a decently quiet place to meet up (for a bar) and to chat and get to know people without screaming and blowing out your vocal chords.

Definitely consider coming!! We'll make sure you don't drink too much :)

Laserfocus
09-10-10, 07:02 PM
Its the 13th,Id love to join,give me a reason to get into the city again w out feeling like a lone loser but Dont think Ill be able to make it.Ive given up trying to educate ignoramuses and stupid shallow people,let them wallow in there glam and misery and plastic smile lives.
I think you need to go out Rebelyell. Like all of us you will expect to not fit in and not be spoken to; just one more uncomfortable moment; but this is a different crowd. We know and I would go, but I am in Illinois. But get out there just to get away for a change or a good distraction. Go for five minutes and if it's what you thought, you can leave. But we know ADHD. :-)

Saladd
09-14-10, 07:10 PM
How'd it go?

Rebelyell
09-14-10, 08:49 PM
I didnt go wasnt feeling well,I ended up getting poison ivy in my right eye last friday and my glands and side of my head hurt,I was really messed up yesterday,very lightheaded and side of my head was killing me,it still is.I went out Saturday nite w a friend .Holy smokes I drank too many red bull and vodkas and Jagger bombs so Im sure that didnt help,smoking and drinking what is my life coming to?:D
Yeah thats how I feel exactly I go out and sit alone,no 1 talks to me and Im like LOSER time to hit the road.Not a fun feeling at all.Saturday nite I had fun tho but to lower my inhibitions I gotta drink so much and thats not way I wanna be even tho I was still in control,Just When I have 6 plus drinks I get very confident and cocky and feel I can hit up any chick,I cant even barely talk to girls when Im sober.