View Full Version : Finding a good therapist?

Andrea715
09-10-10, 12:39 PM
During my adult life I have never seen a therapist. I don't know how to begin to find one in my area.. Are there therapist that specializes in Adult ADHD or are there just general therapist? I went to a therapist when I was going through a bit of depression while in high school but none since.... It was a study center for students working toward their MA in psychology and there was a psychiatrist on hand to do prescriptions.
I have seen advertising in my area for holistic therapist for ADHD, pain management, depression and such but I don't think I want to go there.

myvinyl333
09-10-10, 01:39 PM
I have a therapist that I see weekly, due to some issues partly related to ADHD and Vyvanse. I found her via my Dr. who is helping me treat my ADHD.

I would suggest asking a Dr. or someone in the medical field.

It has allowed me to better focus on the goals @ hand.

jorge:cool:

ADDisme2010
09-10-10, 04:02 PM
I would recommend calling around to different therapy/counseling offices. You will want (and generally Need) a therapist that has worked with ADD in the past successfully. My therapist was great because he was short term and just told it like it was/ didn't hold back on telling me the things that I needed to do/change to help myself. I was glad I went short term, and with his help have made some progress. He was skilled in counseling ADHD, also with anger management. I am still working on the anger management side of things.

Andrea715
09-10-10, 09:00 PM
Thanx, I think I am going to do some research in my area to find one..