View Full Version : Saphris Asenapine New antipsychotic med AND abilify

Yellow
09-16-10, 10:12 PM
Hello

Im taking Saphris 5mg 2x a day, once upon waking, another about 12 hours later/bedtime. It is supposed to have as little metabolic risk as abilify (low chance for toxicity in regaurds to organs especially cardio,triglyceride,insulin level issues,etc...), however its totally new.

most people on other forums have not reported much success with it, but i find it works well. aside from this, which i hope continues to work (because trying 10mg only at bed did not), abilify is my only option.

Id like to know if anyone has tried or heard of saphris? the fact that there is no titration and low metabolic risk is what made me accept trying such a new drug, but id still like to hear peoples experiences or what they know.

if youve also tried abilify, how long did it take for it to work. in other words, what dose did you start at, and how long did it take for you to titrate to the correct dose, and have adjustments been necessary? do you like it?

my issues are bipolar/schizoaffective + borderline + add if that helps, so this is for the more severe obviously since its an antipsychotic

Yellow
10-10-10, 01:42 AM
IM OFF OF SAPHRIS...didnt work in the end, gave me EPS

now im on abilify and its much better

peripatetic
10-10-10, 01:50 AM
hi yellow,

i'm not on that kind of medication, but *did* want to say that i'm glad to hear you're feeling better:)

netsavy006
10-11-10, 08:56 PM
The best I can offer about this medication (since I was never on it) is the website for the med:

http://saphris.com

Hope it helps a little,
Andy.

Yellow
10-12-10, 10:32 AM
thanks peri. yes im feelin much better and thanks andy for that link

im on abilify now though....MUCH better than saphris for me. i got EPS (extra pyramidal symptoms/syndrome) so thast gone and im better

im very happy with abilify actually, i cant believe im sayin that lol

irishloveguines
06-02-11, 04:50 PM
Hello

Im taking Saphris 5mg 2x a day, once upon waking, another about 12 hours later/bedtime. It is supposed to have as little metabolic risk as abilify (low chance for toxicity in regaurds to organs especially cardio,triglyceride,insulin level issues,etc...), however its totally new.

most people on other forums have not reported much success with it, but i find it works well. aside from this, which i hope continues to work (because trying 10mg only at bed did not), abilify is my only option.

Id like to know if anyone has tried or heard of saphris? the fact that there is no titration and low metabolic risk is what made me accept trying such a new drug, but id still like to hear peoples experiences or what they know.

if youve also tried abilify, how long did it take for it to work. in other words, what dose did you start at, and how long did it take for you to titrate to the correct dose, and have adjustments been necessary? do you like it?

my issues are bipolar/schizoaffective + borderline + add if that helps, so this is for the more severe obviously since its an antipsychotic

i tried saphris, that flavor can hardly be called a flavor lol. it tasted disgusting. and my tongue would always become numb. anyways, i didn't notice any benefits - other than solving my sleep troubles (i have bipolar caused insomnia).

i switched to latuda, and it's working it seems. much nicer to be taking a pill now instead of those stupid tablets.

Kaimei
06-02-11, 05:02 PM
I was on Abilify for awhile - they started me off right away at 10mgs a day because I hadn't gotten a single noticeable effect from any of the other meds they tried.

I was on it for...maybe three months? The timeline is sort of hazy for me because I was dealing with so many different meds and issues. It did give the rest of my meds a boost, enough that treatment started becoming effective, but there was no way I could stay on it. I had some minor dyskinesia to start with, which scared the hell out of me, but on top of that, it revved my hyperactivity up to absolutely intolerable levels. It was so bad that I literally could not be at work on it.