View Full Version : Do I have a personality Disorder?

livingpharaoh
10-03-10, 01:54 PM
Hi I found out that I have adhd for sure. I have the combined type (impulsive, inattentive, hyperactive) This is a sure thing. I found out and was diagnosed within the last month. My mother was diagnosed. My brother (the one who brought it to our attention) will be diagnosed and my dad is in denial but he has a lot of symptoms so he prob is to. The thing is my life has always been marred by negative experience after negative experience due to my behavior/ thought process. Why is it that my mother and father can go all this time and not have adhd and still do alright. My bro can do alright but not me.

I have been arrested on numberous occasions for theft (which is a past problem for me) and drugs (which is a present problem)

I have been a manipulator and a liar since as far back as I can remember (my mom tells me stories of how I used to manipulate child hood friends)

I never seem to regret my actions really (in a way that keeps me from repeating them although I dont like hurting my family)

I have a serious problem with addictions and fixations to the point of obsession with a topic or thing or person.

I do get angry sometimes but it is only briefly present then it is gone. never sustanied.

I lost my gf and went into my first real noticeable depression. Now that I know what depression is Im pretty sure I've been through that for a long time now but this is the first one I could recognize. I got a replacement gf a few days later and boom my depression is gone like that....

I am also codependent thats for sure. Bit of an odd mix in me really. I think I may be a little narcistic, medium antisocial, and maybe some borderline. Im pretty dependent personality disorder also. IDK. I went out last night with a new crowd and even though people are nice to me I just feel like...negative energy or as if I am unwanted or something but at the same time I see things that obviously counter that feeling. Can anybody help me with this,

ADDisme2010
10-03-10, 02:25 PM
I never seem to regret my actions really (in a way that keeps me from repeating them although I dont like hurting my family)

I am also codependent thats for sure. Bit of an odd mix in me really. I think I may be a little narcistic, medium antisocial, and maybe some borderline. Im pretty dependent personality disorder also. IDK. I went out last night with a new crowd and even though people are nice to me I just feel like...negative energy or as if I am unwanted or something but at the same time I see things that obviously counter that feeling. Can anybody help me with this,

When you were diagnosed with ADHD, what type of testing was done?
If this is something that really concerns you, I would suggest returned to the doctor that originally diagnosed you. Set up an appointment. Ask if he ruled any of the personality disorders out...If not, this should be looked further into, by someone capable of diagnosing these type of disorders.