View Full Version : Risperdal

NightStar
07-26-04, 09:31 PM
Anyone familiar with this medication,

Doctor insisted that the medication I haggled with him to put me on was not going to fix my issues with racing thoughts, so now I am taking:

Mythlin 10mg 3 times per day (generic for Ritilan)

and

Risperdal 1mg at bed time.

I admit that I am a bit embarressed to mention what my side affects are so far...

1. Dry mouth
2. Feel more distracted then before
3. Feeling jittery (slight trembling in my hands)
4. Biting tounge all the time now, non stop
5. Vaginal dryness, and/or pain during intercourse
6. Trouble more so with remembering things
7. Slight down in mood, not be depressed out right, but down.

Andrew
07-26-04, 09:36 PM
Risperidone (Systemic)
The Following Information Provided by Thomson MICROMEDEX
BRAND NAMES:
In the U.S.

* Risperdal

BRAND NAMES:
In Canada

* Risperdal

Description
Risperidone ( ris-PER-i-done) is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic disorders, such as schizophrenia.

Risperidone is available only with your doctor's prescription, in the following dosage forms:

* Oral Oral solution (U.S. and Canada)
* Tablets, Orally disintegrating (U.S.)
* Tablets (U.S. and Canada)

Proper Use of This Medicine
Take this medicine only as directed by your doctor to benefit your condition as much as possible. Do not take more or less of it, do not take it more or less often, and do not take it for a longer or shorter time than your doctor ordered.

Dosing - The dose of risperidone will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of risperidone. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.

* For symptoms of psychotic disorder:
o For oral solution dosage form
+ Adults
At first, 1 milligram (mg) [1 milliliter (mL)] per day. The medicine can be given on a once a day or twice a day schedule. Your doctor may increase your dose as needed. However, the dose usually is not more than 16 mg (16 mL) a day.
+ Children younger than 18 years of age
Use and dose must be determined by the doctor.
+ Older adults
At first, 0.25 mg or 0.5 mg (0.5 mL) two times a day. The medicine can be given on a once a day schedule after your doctor has found the correct dose for you. Your doctor may increase your dose as needed. However, the dose usually is not more than 3 mg (3 mL) a day.

o For oral tablet dosage form
+ Adults
At first, 1 milligram (mg) per day. The medicine can be given on a once a day or twice a day schedule. Your doctor may increase your dose as needed. However, the dose usually is not more than 16 mg a day.
+ Children younger than 18 years of age
Use and dose must be determined by the doctor.
+ Older adults
At first, 0.25 mg or 0.5 mg two times a day. The medicine can be given on a once a day schedule after your doctor has found the correct dose for you. Your doctor may increase your dose as needed. However, the dose usually is not more than 3 mg a day.

For patients taking the oral solution form of risperidone:

* Measure the dose with the measuring device provided with your medicine. Stir the dose into a small glass (3 to 4 ounces) of water, coffee, orange juice, or low-fat milk just before taking it. Do not mix this medicine with cola or tea.
* Rinse the empty measuring device with water and place it back in its storage case. Put the plastic cap back on the bottle of medicine.

For patients taking the orally disintegrating tablet form of risperidone:

* Do not open the package until you are ready to take your medicine. To remove one tablet, separate one of the four tablets by tearing apart on perforations. Bend the corner as shown on the package. Peel back the foil to get to the tablet, do not push the tablet through the foil because that could damage the tablet.
* Use dry hands and take the tablet out of the package and immediately place it on your tongue. The tablet needs to be used immediately because it can not be stored once it is taken out of the package. Once the tablet is on your tongue it will disintegrate in seconds. You can swallow it with or without liquid. It is important not to split or chew the tablet.

Missed dose - If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.

Storage - To store this medicine:

* Keep out of the reach of children.
* Store away from heat and direct light.
* Do not store the tablet form of this medicine in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down.
* Keep the solution form of this medicine from freezing.
* Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed. Be sure that any discarded medicine is out of the reach of children.

Andrew
07-26-04, 09:37 PM
The Following Information Provided by Thomson MICROMEDEX

Before Using This Medicine
In deciding to use a medicine, the risks of taking the medicine must be weighed against the good it will do. This is a decision you and your doctor will make. For risperidone, the following should be considered:

Allergies - Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to risperidone. Also tell your health care professional if you are allergic to any other substances, such as foods, preservatives, or dyes.

Pregnancy - Studies with risperidone have not been done in pregnant women. One baby whose mother took risperidone during pregnancy was born with a serious brain problem. However, it is not known whether this problem was caused by risperidone. Some unwanted effects have been reported in animal studies, but the risk to human babies is not clear. Before taking this medicine, make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or if you may become pregnant.

Breast-feeding - Risperidone passes into human milk and may cause unwanted effects, such as behavior changes, in nursing babies. It may be necessary for you to take another medicine or to stop breast-feeding during treatment. Be sure you have discussed the risks and benefits of the medicine with your doctor.

Children - Studies on this medicine have been done only in adult patients, and there is no specific information comparing use of risperidone in children with use in other age groups.

Older adults - Elderly people may be especially sensitive to the effects of risperidone. This may increase the chance of having side effects during treatment.

Other medicines - Although certain medicines should not be used together at all, in other cases two different medicines may be used together even if an interaction might occur. In these cases, your doctor may want to change the dose, or other precautions may be necessary. When you are taking risperidone, it is especially important that your health care professional know if you are taking any of the following:

* Amiodarone [e.g., Cordarone] or
* Amitriptyline [e.g., Elavil] or
* Arsenic trioxide [e.g., Trisenox] or
* Bepridil [e.g., Vascor] or
* Chlorpromazine [e.g., Thorazine] or
* Cisapride [e.g., Propulsid] or
* Clarithromycin [e.g., Biaxin] or
* Clomipramine [e.g., Anafranil] or
* Clozapine [e.g., Clozaril] or
* Desipramine [e.g., Norpramin] or
* Disopyramide [e.g., Norpace] or
* Dofetilide [e.g., Tikosyn] or
* Dolasetron [e.g., Anzemet] or
* Droperidol [e.g., Inapsine] or
* Erythromycin [e.g., E-mycin] or
* Gatifloxacin [e.g., Tequin] or
* Halofantrin [e.g., Halfan] or
* Haloperidol [e.g., Haldol] or
* Ibutilide intravenous injection [e.g., Covert] or
* Levofloxacin [e.g., Leaquin] or
* Levomethadyl [e.g., Orlaam] or
* Mefloquine [e.g., Lariam] or
* Mesoridazine [e.g., Serentil] or
* Moxifloxacin [e.g., Avelox] or
* Ondansetron [e.g., Zofran] or
* Pimozide [e.g., Orap] or
* Procainamide [e.g., Procainbid, Pronestyl] or
* Propafenone [e.g., Rythmol] or
* Quinidine [e.g., Quinaglute, Quinidex] or
* Sotalol [e.g., Betapace, Sorine] or
* Sumatriptan [e.g., Imitrex] or
* Thioridazine [e.g., Mellaril] or
* Ziprasidone [e.g., Geodon] or
* Zolmitriptan [e.g., Zomig]These medicines may increase the chance of serious side effects and should not be taken with risperidone

* Alcohol or
* Antihypertensives (high blood pressure medicine) or
* Central nervous system (CNS) depressants (medicine that makes you drowsy or less alert) or
* Tricyclic antidepressants (amitriptyline [e.g., Elavil], amoxapine [e.g., Asendin], clomipramine [e.g., Anafranil], desipramine [e.g., Norpramin], doxepin [e.g., Sinequan], imipramine [e.g., Tofranil], nortriptyline [e.g., Aventyl], protriptyline [e.g., Vivactil], trimipramine [e.g., Surmontil])Risperidone may add to the effects of these medicines, causing unwanted effects such as increased drowsiness or low blood pressure

* Bromocriptine (e.g., Parlodel) or
* Levodopa (e.g., Larodopa, Sinemet) or
* Pergolide (e.g., Permax)Risperidone may interfere with the effects of these medicines so that they do not work properly

* Carbamazepine (e.g., Epitol, Tegretol) or
* Clozapine (e.g., Clozaril) or
* Fluoxetine (e.g., Prozac, Sarafem)These medicines may affect the blood levels of risperidone so that risperidone does not work properly or causes unwanted effects. Your doctor may need to change your dose of risperidone

Other medical problems - The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of risperidone. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:

* Breast cancer or
* Heart or blood vessel problems, including stroke and unusual heartbeats or
* Parkinson's diseaseRisperidone may make these conditions worse

* Dehydration or
* Blood circulation problemsThese conditions may increase the chance of side effects from the medicine

* Dementia, such as decreasing mental ability or
* Difficulty swallowingThese conditions may increase the chance of side effects from the medicine

* Epilepsy or other seizure disordersRisperidone may increase the risk of having seizures

* Kidney disease or
* Liver diseaseHigher blood levels of risperidone may occur, increasing the chance of side effects

* Other medical problems causing vomiting [e.g., brain tumor, bowel blockage, drug overdose, Reye's syndrome]Risperidone may prevent vomiting and hide these medical problems from you and your doctor

Precautions While Using This Medicine
Your doctor should check your progress at regular visits, especially during the first few months of treatment with this medicine. This will allow the dosage to be changed if necessary to meet your needs.

Do not stop taking this medicine without first checking with your doctor. Your doctor may want you to reduce gradually the amount you are taking before stopping completely. This is to prevent side effects and to keep your condition from becoming worse.

This medicine may add to the effects of alcohol and other CNS depressants (medicine that makes you drowsy or less alert). Some examples of CNS depressants are antihistamines or medicine for hay fever, other allergies, or colds; sedatives, tranquilizers, or sleeping medicine; prescription pain medicine or narcotics; barbiturates; medicine for seizures; muscle relaxants; or anesthetics, including some dental anesthetics. Check with your doctor before taking any of the above while you are using this medicine.

Before having any kind of surgery, dental treatment, or emergency treatment, tell the medical doctor or dentist in charge that you are using this medicine. Taking risperidone together with medicines that are used during surgery, dental, or emergency treatments may increase the CNS depressant effects.

This medicine may cause blurred vision, dizziness, or drowsiness. Make sure you know how you react to this medicine before you drive, use machines, or do anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert or able to see clearly.

Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting may occur, especially when you get up from a lying or sitting position. Getting up slowly may help. If the problem continues or gets worse, check with your doctor.

Risperidone may cause your skin to be more sensitive to sunlight than it is normally. Exposure to sunlight, even for brief periods of time, may cause a skin rash, itching, redness or other discoloration of the skin, or a severe sunburn. When you begin taking this medicine:

* Stay out of direct sunlight, especially between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., if possible.
* Wear protective clothing, including a hat. Also, wear sunglasses.
* Apply a sun block product that has a skin protection factor (SPF) of at least 15. You may require a product with a higher SPF number, especially if you have a fair complexion. If you have any questions about this, check with your health care professional.
* Apply a sun block lipstick that has an SPF of at least 15 to protect your lips.
* Do not use a sunlamp or tanning bed or booth.

If you have a severe reaction from the sun, check with your doctor.

This medicine may make it more difficult for your body to keep a constant temperature. Use extra care not to become overheated during exercise or hot weather while you are taking this medicine, since overheating may result in heatstroke. Hot baths or saunas may make you feel dizzy or faint while you are taking this medicine. Also, use extra care not to become too cold while you are taking risperidone. If you become too cold, you may feel drowsy, confused, or clumsy.

Side Effects of This Medicine
Along with its needed effects, risperidone can sometimes cause serious side effects. Tardive dyskinesia (a movement disorder) may occur and may not go away after you stop using the medicine. Signs of tardive dyskinesia include fine, worm-like movements of the tongue, or other uncontrolled movements of the mouth, tongue, cheeks, jaw, or arms and legs. Other serious but rare side effects may also occur. These include neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS), which may cause severe muscle stiffness, fever, severe tiredness or weakness, fast heartbeat, difficult breathing, increased sweating, loss of bladder control, or seizures. You and your doctor should discuss the good this medicine will do as well as the risks of taking it.

Stop taking risperidone and get emergency help immediately if any of the following side effects occur:

Rare
Convulsions (seizures), difficult or fast breathing, fast heartbeat or irregular pulse , fever (high), high or low blood pressure, increased sweating, loss of bladder control, muscle stiffness (severe), unusually pale skin, unusual tiredness or weakness (severe)

Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur:

More common
Difficulty in speaking or swallowing, inability to move eyes, muscle spasms of face, neck, and back, twisting movements of body

Less common
speech or vision problems, sudden weakness or numbness in the face, arms or legs

Rare
High body temperature (dizziness; fast, shallow breathing; fast, weak heartbeat; headache; muscle cramps; pale, clammy skin; increased thirst) , lip smacking or puckering, low body temperature (confusion, drowsiness, poor coordination, shivering) , prolonged, painful, inappropriate erection of the *****, puffing of cheeks, rapid or worm-like movements of tongue, uncontrolled chewing movements, uncontrolled movements of arms and legs

Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:

More common
Anxiety or nervousness, changes in vision, including blurred vision, decreased sexual desire or performance, loss of balance control, mask-like face, menstrual changes, mood or mental changes, including aggressive behavior, agitation, difficulty in concentration, and memory problems, problems in urination or increase in amount of urine, restlessness or need to keep moving (severe), shuffling walk, skin rash or itching, stiffness or weakness of arms or legs, tic-like or twitching movements, trembling and shaking of fingers and hands, trouble in sleeping

Less common
Back pain, chest pain, unusual secretion of milk

Rare
Extreme thirst, increased blinking or spasms of eyelid, loss of appetite, talking, feeling, and acting with excitement and activity that cannot be controlled, uncontrolled twisting movements of neck, trunk, arms, or legs, unusual bleeding or bruising, unusual facial expressions or body positions

Other side effects may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. However, check with your doctor if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome:

More common
Constipation, coughing, diarrhea, drowsiness, dryness of mouth, headache, heartburn, increased dream activity, increased length of sleep, nausea, sleepiness or unusual drowsiness, sore throat, stuffy or runny nose, unusual tiredness or weakness, weight gain

Less common
Back pain, body aches or pain, chills, dandruff, darkening of skin color, dry skin, ear congestion, fever, increase in body movements, increased sensitivity of the skin to sun, increased watering of mouth, joint pain, loss of voice, nasal congestion, oily skin, pain or tenderness around eyes and cheekbones, shortness of breath or troubled breathing, sneezing , stomach pain, toothache , tightness of chest or wheezing, vomiting, weight loss

Some side effects, such as uncontrolled movements of the mouth, tongue, and jaw, or uncontrolled movements of arms and legs, may occur after you have stopped taking this medicine. If you notice any of these effects, check with your doctor as soon as possible. Other side effects not listed above may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your doctor. Last Reviewed: 06/19/2003

NightStar
07-26-04, 10:04 PM
Thanks so much for pulling that impressive list in for me, I had been reading up, but you found some new stuff I had not seen, some stuff that I missed before.

What stumps me is this:
Description
Risperidone ( ris-PER-i-done) is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic disorders, such as schizophrenia.

I am not psychotic! Just having trouble with Racing Thoughts, being distracted, and memory problems... maybe trouble as well with manic / depression, but not like years ago when first diagnosed.

Doctor put me on orally disintegrating tablets.

Also when they tested my blood (which by the way you were right) was not bi-polar test, he was testing my liver...

Found out I have enlarged (fatty liver) and high blood pressure, and if that is not enough, have weight problems, that I might be borderline diabetic.

Plus this medication costs over $500 per month, this is the second time he has said he wanted me on this med, then gave me free samples... which don't do me a bit of good when I can't afford to buy the stuff at all - have no insurance period.

I am going crazy with the run around I keep getting on this, and quite distressed with something like this having so many side affects (half of them words I don't even understand what they mean). Would likely take me a weeks worth of searching to figure out if there is more on the list then just the few things I know now, if it pertains to me. I will do that though, since I am already bothered by a few of the side affects now, might as well dig further to see what else might be attributed to this medication.

Just seems crazy to give medication to a person who is not what the medication is suppose to treat as having.

Andrew
07-26-04, 10:14 PM
Risperdal (risperidone), released in 1994, is one of the atypical antipsychotic medications used to treat schizophrenia and psychotic disorders. The drug helps manage schizophrenia's positive symptoms (e.g., visual and auditory hallucinations, delusions, and thought disturbances) and may also help treat the illnessí negative symptoms (e.g., social withdrawal, apathy, lack of motivation, and inability to experience pleasure). It may also be useful in treating acute mania and severe depression in combination with antidepressant medications. Risperdalís side effects are usually relatively minor, and blood monitoring is not necessary.

http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=About_Medications&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=7400

NightStar
07-26-04, 10:29 PM
That is funny about the thought disturbances, because it lists that as a side affect on another source I found.

I know I have not been manic in years, would say more then 15 years when I was first treated with Prozac by accident, then switched to Lithium and Amitriptiline... I miss that feeling, (high) but it just don't exist to me any more.

I think I have moderate swings, but not noticed really by me... if anything I feel more aggitation and stress these days. And more periods of zoning out, lost in thought. Detached would be more like it, in and out there.

I am about the most level headed person, and I am usually lost in my thoughts, processing data, information kin to my work now hobby... I don't have any out bursts of saying in appropriate things, always nice, patient with people in fact like teaching (just keep me away from children though), oh when people are not around me, I am on the flip side a bit road rage, and tend to cuss a lot, but no around others much. Not professionally.

I guess I just don't understand what their definition of psychotic and schizophrenia mean.

Gregster
08-01-04, 10:35 AM
I would call risperdal a "mood stabalizer" rather than an anti-psychotic - it's semantics, really - the meaning is the same, but "mood stabalizer" certainly sounds better.
Risperdal works on dopamine and serotonin receptors in the brain, like most psychtropic medications, and it limits the activity of these brain chemicals (schizophrenia is thought to be related to higher than normal dopamine activity).
Just because the drug is used most frequently for schizophrenia doesn't mean that it isn't effective for other, lesser problems - like racing thoughts.
Risperdal is used to treat people with ADHD - usually for the "racing thoughts" that you mention and also for those with raging anger. Dosage for this type of complaint is in the 1mg range, from what I've read - for psychosis the dosage will typically range from 4mg up to 16mg per day. The drug can be very effective for these problems and it doesn't have as many side effects as other mood stabalizers, but it is, as you've found out, a very expensive drug! I believe that the manufacturer has a "program" that helps people who need the drug, but can't afford it - I'm pretty sure I read this on their web page when researching the drug a few months ago - it's certainly worth looking into.
Regards,
Greg

NightStar
08-01-04, 12:34 PM
I finally looked up Schizophrenia, I can see now some things that are there...

A. Delusions = No
B. Hallucinations = No
C. Bizarre Behavior = Don't think so
D. Disorganized Thinking & Speech =
* Jump from topic to topic or string loosely associated phrases together.
E. Social Withdrawal = Sometimes
F. Other Symptoms =
* Difficulties with Memory & Planning ahead
* Anziety, depression.
* Also use alcholol & drugs which seem to worsen problems, though usage has decreesed a lot.

So to me it is very few things here that I know cross over to other areas - with my Bi-Polar diagnosis.

I can say that now I am noticing as people here call it cycling problems! I am just at a loss I was not having mood swings until this month.

The smallest things either make me elated (manic) or depressed (crying) I am trying to quit one job, and find a new job, and adjust to meds at the same time, and my stress levels have been high, and I think my productivity is up a tad! But it is hard to note when I am having set backs with further memory problems!

Example:

I wrote my resume, instead of writing that I was sending my resume, I swapped word with "credit report" now I feel totally foolish for such a mistake and I know it makes me look unprofessional (but I do work in the credit industry pulling and talking about credit reports day in and day out). I could just cry over that mistake!

I forgot to pay bill! FIRST TIME EVER! Did cry over that one, and thank goodness to my good credit, they did not default my interest rate for a few days oversight.

The mistakes I am making are no longer small ones, everyday, they are getting worse. But I have done so so much this month, so much. I am mixed up.

Gregster
08-01-04, 05:26 PM
The percription for risperdal doesn't mean your doctor thinks you are schizophrenic - schizophrenia is just ONE of the conditions risperdal is used for.
I you are bipolar and are starting to cycle, you should see your doctor right away, I would think, but are you really cycling? It sounds like you have a lot going on right now - STRESS - and your mood swings could well be due to that fact. Your mistakes - swaping words you often use or forgetting to pay a bill - do sound like common, everyday mistakes to me (in fact, for ME, they ARE common everyday mistakes!) are you sure you're not making too big a deal about these errors? It's pretty easy to see "problems" or "symptoms" when you are looking for them, and the stress you are under could easily account for these mistakes too!
Are you diagnosed as Bipolar I or Bipolar II? Have you had a "manic" episode before? Or a "hyper-manic" episode? Mania is more than just elation - a quick search found this definition for Mania: "A mood disorder characterized by excessive elation or irritability, hyperactivity, hypersexuality, poor concentration and accelerated thinking and speaking, and resulting in impairment. Mania is seen in major disorders involving disturbance of mood and in organic mental disorders. Often, the term is used inaccurately to indicate a passionate attachment to something (i.e., "She has a mania for chocolate.") and a slight state of excitement".
It's more common to see "hyper-mania" which IS more like elation, and is less severe than "mania" (although it sounds worse). I could be wrong, but I believe the distinction between mania vs. hyper-mania the major difference between bipolar I & II .
I think it would be good if you were to see your doctor and get his opinion on the cycling, and hopefully put your mind at ease.
Regards,
Greg

NightStar
08-01-04, 05:35 PM
Yes I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar around age 15, and back then I did really cycle, but it was usually days, months between highs and lows in my mood swings.

I always have racing thoughts - every day, my mind won't leave me alone at all! Always jumping from one thing to the next within seconds. Husband has commented on ability to follow me sometimes. Said I talk in circles, a lot I know cause my mind just goes in circles too.

Recently doctor put me on Methylin as well to see if that would help with racing thoughts, so I am taking both medications now.

I make mistakes every day, from being distracted, usually in the mornings it takes one to three trips back in the house cause I forget things... I have a hard time slowing down and trying to concentrate if I have done everything I needed to get done, or if I remembered appointments, or places I needed to go... for a week now I was suppose to stop by a local business to pick up decals for our car, but for a week now I keep forgetting about it.

I keep triping over my self I know it has always been like this, just this year it has like multiplied - I noticed this before this month getting on medications, that is why I finally asked for help. I am 32 and have not been on any medications since I was 17/18 years of age. Mainly because I simply don't have the money.

Lafnalot
08-12-04, 09:08 PM
Medicine is a big issue here too. Without medical insurance, the meds they last had me on would cost me well over 500.00 monthly. Im barely making ends meet as it is, with NO frills at all. Im glad youre here.

NightStar
08-13-04, 09:15 AM
My medications have just been changed, I am now taking Risperdal 2 mg at night, Methylin 10 mg 3 times per day and Lexapro 30 mg 1 time per day.

Started having trouble with mood swings, I had to quit my job, it got to be too much. And I don't have the money for the medications (told my doctor) but all he did was insist that now I need to see him weekly, and didn't offer any more free meds... so it is like he is trying to bleed me dry for sure now!

Just don't know what to do, stress is up high, I am having trouble focusing on the goal, of getting new job.

NightStar
08-21-04, 03:19 PM
Still not found new employment and my doctor has now changed the risperdal for me to take 2 extra per day on the high stress level days.

So far I have a few side affects, but the biggest problem is still managing to be productive and in the right frame of mind to keep pushing forward on my job hunting...

I can't afford the medications, just not sure what to do at this point. I printed up a application to get help from the manufacture but don't know if it will work at this point. That is some expensive medication there... so far been going week to week begging doctor for free samples.

NightStar
09-02-04, 06:05 PM
So far still no work found, and still on the same level of medications, I have only once upped the Risperdal but I don't feel like my levels are right, will save up and try one more visit to the doctor to get this changed... don't know how much longer I can keep up doctors visits with financing close to running out all together.

NightStar
09-22-04, 04:48 PM
Flat ran out of medication today, have a perscription, but I don't have money to buy my pills at all. Don't know what to do at this point, still umemployed.

Dustbunnie
10-01-14, 04:13 PM
I hope things have gotten better for you. I joined this Forum just to say that after stumbling upon the Risperdal Thread (a drug I miserably took for three years before switching to Abilify).