View Full Version : Sad face

Ashey
10-05-10, 04:47 PM
Hey guys I'm feeling a little sad today. I really don't like school. I have ADD and I'm on the verge of becoming a social outcast. I find trying to conform pointless and tiring, I get easily frustrated. I don't like one of my teachers. :(

I am fine academically, I know I can do it, but just the element of going to school is horrible for me...

There is only one boy that I am friends with. The girls are so............
and there is one boy who I got really angry with today because of his arrogance. I realised why last year I only took 2 P.E. classes for the whole year. Because I cannot do group work. I have to work with this boy, and he made me so angry today. And I felt really ugly for getting angry with him...Although it was his arrogance that got me wound up.

Then in Biology the boy I was sitting next to was just tapping away, it was so IRRITATING. I said "can you stop?" And then he said to the whole table "oh, I woke her up" Which is so rude, he is playing on the fact that I am usually tired or asleep in lessons, but it's not my fault, I have anaemia which makes me drowsy. I hate school so much!

I had to leave early today, I couldn't take anymore. Thank god I had only 3 classes today... What am I going to do with myself?

Then there's the teacher who calls me out for everything. She said to me that I'm too quiet and need to participate more. I do participate! Then she even went as far as to ask me am I tired or just lazy? That just sent me over the wall. And I am so mad at myself. I spent ages doing 2 pieces of really good homework for that teacher, only to spill food on the edges. :(

I hate how everything is going at the moment.

Shmittyrevo
10-05-10, 07:58 PM
I've been in this same place, nobody understands ADHD especially teachers. Try not to let it get to you and you will be surprised how much better life goes. Good luck.
-Shmittyrevo-

x6eze
10-05-10, 08:08 PM
Sorry to hear that,
I wish only the best.

I have to ask if you are on something for your ADD?

Ashey
10-06-10, 03:16 AM
Hi thanks for the replies. No I'm not on anything for it...

Shmittyrevo
10-06-10, 06:09 PM
Hi thanks for the replies. No I'm not on anything for it...

If you take something for it, it will help a lot I'm sure.

Alex9
10-06-10, 08:46 PM
I know what your going through, it can be tough for me. Right now, Im taking WAY too hard of classes and playing too much sports. And having a hockey practice then a soccer game, then getting home at like 10 at night and having five hours to do is really messing with me. Im always tired (even on adderall) and I have no free time at all, and my social life is suffering.

Ive always had difficulty maintaining friendships, but with how little free time I have and with how stressed out I always am, its even worse this year.

And adhd meds could help with both the drowsiness and the appearance of being lazy that you described. It might be worth a shot.

x6eze
10-06-10, 08:49 PM
Thats interesting. Do you take med holidays on weekends? If you are still tired on adderall you should probably worry.

Ashey
10-07-10, 10:56 AM
Hmmm...Thanks guys.

I know what you mean about the social life suffering Alex. And I'm supposed to be seeing someone about it (ADD) soon, so many I can get that sorted.

Today I got angry at these two boys. again! :(

A girl asked a question and I really wanted to hear what the teacher had to say, it sounded interesting...(Biology interests me) and so I never got to hear because these 2 boys were talking and joking. I said shhh really loudly, and then they started laughing, and one of them said 'she's a...' I didn't catch the last bit, so I said ''you what?'' and I just started shaking I was sooooooo angry. And they said 'nothing we didn't say anything'. They're damn right they 'didn't' say anything!

And you know what upsets me the most, is these two boys are not like me who has to work hard to do well. They are damn foolish and silly. They are older than me and are supposed to be re-taking the year. If this is the case, you have been given a second chance to do better, why are they wasting it? And furthermore, why the hell are they making it hard for me to hear the teacher. This is my class and there is no point in me being there if I'm not going to do well. Why do they have to make it so hard.

Alex9
10-08-10, 10:04 PM
Thats interesting. Do you take med holidays on weekends? If you are still tired on adderall you should probably worry.

Yeah i try not to take any meds on weekends unless I have a TON of homework. Maybe I didnt describe it right. Adderall can make me feel slightly "out of it" sometimes if you know what I mean, and that combined with staying up late every night makes me think that I'm more tired than I already am.

Im not horribly worried about it since most people who get as little sleep as I do probably feel tired too.

x6eze
10-08-10, 10:12 PM
Haha I forgot about that. less sleep = more tired.

I guess you could try increasing your caffeine intake when you feel "out of it" ( I think I know what you mean ). Caffeine in moderation sometimes helps with that for me. I chew Jolt Gum (http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/candy/5b96/) if I need a small amount of Caffeine quickly.

But then again you have to worry about your caffeine intake/tolerance also.

darkland8
10-09-10, 12:03 AM
if your on Adderall XR like me talk to your doctor about getting an Adderal IR prescription as well. I have prescriptions for both, i take the XR daily and the IR when i need that extra bit of a boost at the end of the day if i have a crap load of home work. i've been doing it for 5-6 years now since i changed to XR and it really seems to help

i don't know what would happen if you did it regularly, maybe one of the senior members can tell you, but if not i'm sure your doctor can tell you if it's safe for you to do that.