View Full Version : Celexa and teeth clenching?

JenE
10-07-10, 10:56 AM
Iím a non-ADDír with ADHD son and husband. Iíve been taking 20mg Celexa for anxiety/depression for about a month now and Iíve noticed that I seem to be clenching my teeth all the time. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, the anxiety has diminished greatly but I do not feel the motivation like I did when I took Lexapro a few years ago. Iím still finding it hard to concentrate and accomplish things. Any thoughts?

Abi
10-25-10, 07:02 AM
Hi JenE,

I have taken both Celexa and Lexapro (at different times of course) for depression.

Both were effective for my symptoms, with minimal side effects and definitely no teeth clenching.

Although the two meds are very similar, Lexapro is a newer and "cleaner" med with a slightly better side effect profile in that a somewhat smaller proportion of people taking it experience negative side effects when compared to Celexa.

Considering the above, and the fact that Lexapro DID work better for you in the past, without the teeth clenching and lack of motivation and such, I'd suggest you switch back to Lexapro if this is viable.

ADDisme2010
10-25-10, 05:39 PM
Curious, do you have a known thyroid disorder? Teeth clenching and bruxism can be common with thyroid disorders. Though it can also be caused by anger, and anxiety too.

quirkyscrawler
10-28-10, 02:45 AM
Just wondering, according to my research (and I may have overlooked something), Celexa can be used to treat OCD, but that isn't listed under Lexapro for some reason. I wonder why? I'm trying to treat mild depression too, but OCD is my main problem (in addition in inattentive ADHD).