View Full Version : HELP !!!!! This is a technical Problem, but I can't find the right place to put it .

salleh
10-09-10, 11:13 AM
I was just sitting here using my computer like always and I looked up from what I was writing and found that all my headings and footings are gone !!!

the task bar, the top stuff, everything .....

this happened once before but it was a long time ago and I can't remember how to fix it.....especially since there are no places I can click to .....

Am I making this clear ? this is a huge problem......while I do love to be here on the forum, I would at some point soon like to check my email for example !

Is there a key I can click to bring back my stuff ????

Amtram
10-09-10, 11:23 AM
Try F11.

salleh
10-09-10, 11:33 AM
Amtram .......{{{{{{{{{{hugs !!!}}}}}}}}}}}}].......I always said you are smart !....whew ! I was thiiiiis close to panicing......

worked like a charm .......

I am a self-taught computer person, and there are large holes in my knowledge of the beast ......I keep telling myself that I'll take a class one of these days .....but of course I still haven't done it ....

and after several years, I'd still have to start from the beginning, to learn some of the basics, and I have a feeling that most of it would be really boring .....

but maybe this winter......jeesh, I mean how simple was that ....hit f11......and I didn't have a clue !

thanks Amtram, you've saved me once again !

ADHDTigger
10-09-10, 11:41 AM
Sal- Make a note of what happened and how you fixed it. DO THIS RIGHT NOW

Keep all these notes together. You'll likely amass 10 or 15 things like this that you will always want to know.

Next time the poo hits the fan, you will know exactly how to fix it.

Impetus
10-09-10, 11:43 AM
Sal- Make a note of what happened and how you fixed it. DO THIS RIGHT NOW

Keep all these notes together. You'll likely amass 10 or 15 things like this that you will always want to know.

Next time the poo hits the fan, you will know exactly how to fix it.

wise woman right here.... I saw your post, knew exactly what had happened. BUT couldn't remember how to fix it!

this might also be a good use for those little bitty note books... stash one near those tricky electronics!

ADHDTigger
10-09-10, 12:40 PM
I've always had a notebook of stuff that works. I have a CD of stuff that fixes. I used to be a support technician... can you tell?

Now I Mac. I love my Mac.

meridian
10-09-10, 07:25 PM
Glad that worked salleh! and thanks Amtram!

Like Tig, I am a Mac-head so I felt helpless to help Sal -- except to get this moved to The Tech Corner -- which I also couldn't find :o

salleh
10-10-10, 12:10 AM
hah !......now you guys are in for it ! ( I am spoeaking to Meridian and Tigger ) .....the nice lady I visit in Michigan uses a MAC, and now we know who to call on when she runs into trouble ! .....

and I would love to have a MAc, but don't got the bread !.....those things aren't cheap ...I paid ....uhm less than 400 for this piece.....but it has lasted a whole year already, a new record for me !