View Full Version : Flylady?

Helloworld!
10-10-10, 10:51 AM
I was just talking about Flylady in another post and it got me wondering...how many people here do, or have done, the Flylady system?

If you do/did Flylady how does/did it work for you?

Imnapl
10-10-10, 12:26 PM
A search for posts about flylady brought up these results (http://www.addforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1449831&photoplog_searchinfo=1&photoplog_searchquery=flylady).

wolfshades
10-10-10, 12:38 PM
I was just talking about Flylady in another post and it got me wondering...how many people here do, or have done, the Flylady system?

If you do/did Flylady how does/did it work for you?

I signed up but got too bored after a couple of days. It's probably a good system -logically I mean.

namazu
10-10-10, 12:45 PM
I tried it briefly, but actually found it a little overwhelming (the website, the e-mails, etc.), so I quit.

However, I do like the "Baby Steps" part. I still feel a great deal of satisfaction when I clean the sink down to the shiny stainless steel. :)

stef
10-10-10, 04:28 PM
I don't know, I rejected it just because she kept specifying to "get dressed and wear shoes" and I never wear shoes inside.

Illiterati
10-10-10, 06:16 PM
Shoes?

What are these "shoes" to which you refer?

I'm not an indoor shoe wearer...and when I was a kid, I wasn't much of an outdoor shoe wearer, either.

I tried Flylady, but she didn't work well at all for me.

MyGuysMom
10-11-10, 11:52 AM
I'm not ADHD, but I found FlyLady overwhelming too. It all makes sense in a way, and the idea is that you put in periods of concentrated work and have routines that actually save you time. However, I found myself working constantly to keep up with all the tasks for the day. The idea of wearing shoes is that it makes you feel put together and therefore more efficient. Also it's safer and better for your feet. I think it just tracks more dirt around the house (although she allows you to have indoor and outdoor shoes). The thing I couldn't take was all the email testimonials from people talking about "purple puddles" and "god breezes." Ugh.

ADHDTigger
10-11-10, 12:38 PM
Purple Puddles and God Breezes???

Oy!

I do believe that I would have to forcibly remove my brain with that.

What has been helpful for me is "change one thing at a time". I am not perfect and I am not gonna get that way. Small incremental changes work for me and I don't add a change until I am comfortably doing the last one.

I am proud of myself today. I cooked food and ate it. Baby steps isn't kidding!

shaz14
10-11-10, 01:56 PM
I have been somewhat following it or at least parts of it for a year or so. I don't read the emails either, nor to I wear shoes inside (it drives my husband crazy), but I do make sure my sink is clean before I go to bed, I do at least 1 load of laundry a day, I use my timer for 15 minutes when i'm feeling really spacey and can't seem to get started. I have also learned a lot about decluttering and giving things away that I no longer need or use. I think what I have learned the most from Flylady is that as long as you do something it is better than nothing and I deserve to treat myself well and live in a nice clean home.

My biggest problem I have is that I can't seem to get ahead. I seem to mess things up as fast as I clean them. So really, I find it hard to only clean for 15 minutes a day and actually make progress. I find I need to do 15 minutes a day but I still need a really good day of thorough cleaning a week. With 2 little ones under 5 my house needs quite a bit of upkeep.

MyGuysMom
10-11-10, 09:44 PM
Also, I can't stop her. I tried to unsubscribe, but it says I'm not using the email I signed up with. It's on my work account, so there are only two possibilities, and neither work. Then, I tried setting a rule that automatically sent the emails to the delete folder, but that too has failed. FlyLady is all powerful and cannot be stopped.

LostInThought12
10-11-10, 09:59 PM
I haven't tried this, but from the sounds of it I don't want anything to do with it. Shoes in a house no, bare feet yes.