View Full Version : Has anyone read Orlov's The AD/HD Effect on Marriage...Thoughts?

Kay.
10-12-10, 12:02 AM
Just looking into getting a book to help understand how AD/HD effects my relationship.
I saw that Melissa Orlov recently released this book and wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or recommendations for it..
If not, are there other books that you would recommend over this one for relationships?
Thanks!

ginniebean
11-09-11, 01:30 AM
The best book I know of is "Is it you me or ADHD?" written by Gina Pera. She has a blog also called the ADHD roller coaster. That way you can check out what she's about before you buy.

RedHairedWitch
11-09-11, 12:54 PM
I second Gina's book as a suggestion.

I read Melissa book, the relationship stories are interesting (she has a forum and gets permission to lift stuff from it)

But she doesn't do a fantastic job explaining what ADHD is. Some "experts" are of the we can fix you if you try hard enough persuasion and she is one of them.

I prefer a realistic approach to disability myself.

KronarTheBlack
11-09-11, 07:01 PM
I have copies of both books and "Is it You, Me, or ADD" is by far the better of the two books in my opinion. If you are looking for the most bang for your buck then get that one if you are rich then get both :0