View Full Version : Clozaril + Abilify

netsavy006
10-14-10, 12:48 PM
Is it possible for someone to be able to take Clozaril and Abilify together?

I want to take Abilify to help some of my mood symptoms that aren't being helped by Lithium (as I know Abilify can be combined with Lithium for manic/mixd symptoms), but I don't want to discontinue my Clozaril because it does help the "schizo-" portion of my MI.

Is there anyone out there who has or is taking both Clozaril and Abilify together?

Thanks,
Andy.

bgrimes8533
10-18-10, 12:29 PM
Clozaril is an EXTREMELY POWERFUL DRUG and can, in very rare cases, cause agranulocytosis, which is a rapid drop in your white-blood-cell count. Agranulocytosis is often times fatal, so patients taking this medication must have blood tests every time they get their medication refilled. This is no joke. As much as I love the ADD Forums, this is not the place to be asking about whether or not you can mix two different medications, especially since they're both antipsychotics. The only person you should be asking is your doctor, pharmacist, or any other medical professional that is familiar with you and your case. And for heaven's sake, please do not stop taking your Clozaril--take it EXACTLY as prescribed to you. I'm new to posting messages here at ADD Forums, but I have been reading hundreds of posts for awhile, so I "know" you and have read a lot of your posts and have even checked out that website of yours. I promise I'm not a stalker! :)

Good Luck to you Andy, and don't mess with your meds...okay? :eek:

- bgrimes8533

netsavy006
10-18-10, 08:41 PM
And for heaven's sake, please do not stop taking your Clozaril--take it EXACTLY as prescribed to you.

- bgrimes8533

Don't worry. I'm not thinking of discontinuing Clozaril, but thanks for telling me that. I can always use the note, because I do tend to "medication shift" as I call it. Thanks.

Yellow
10-22-10, 04:21 PM
of course, you can, esp if the dr says so, but if given a choice, in light of the previous post, id lose clozaril if i were you