View Full Version : Feeling Manic

ADDisme2010
10-22-10, 10:15 AM
I have a few questions about Bi-Polar. I am feeling quite manic the past few weeks...I am always on the go, barely sit down all day, can't really sit to watch a movie or even a tv 30 min. show, I have started all kinds of "projects" like cleaning out multiple closets. Even though the projects have taken all day or even 2 days to complete, I do finish them.
Though my house during the projects looks like a tornado came through, until the project is completed. At the end of the day, I am exhausted,
I have been sleeping fine some nights, and then sleeping but a restless sleep other nights (still getting a full 8 hours)
Is this like being manic? I am just curious...

PS I do not think I have Bi-Polar, by the way, i know that I have another disease that can tend to look like mania, and i think this is what is happening.

Trooper Keith
10-22-10, 11:17 AM
It does sound a tad manic, except for the part where you're sleeping fine. I'd chalk it up to hyperactivity but for the presence of goal-directed behaviors. Do you have any cognitive symptoms? Racing thoughts, flight of fancy, feelings of grandiosity, etc.?

ADDisme2010
10-23-10, 04:59 PM
No flight of ideas, or grandiose thoughts or ideas...nothing like that.

StoicNate
10-23-10, 05:04 PM
Maybe you're just having a good day/week.

LaVieEnRose
10-25-10, 03:01 AM
Hey Addisme! Are you thinking this is your thyroid? Really could be. It's crazy what those little things can do. Gotten in to an endocrinologist yet? :)

ADDisme2010
10-25-10, 04:26 PM
Hey Lurve,
Yes, I am definately thinking overactive thyroid. My graves disease is back (out of remission), and I've had my lab tests done now so I know that is what it is. Going to Endo again next week. Feeling manic is i guess one of the few good things with having this d*** disease!
It gets bad with the ADHD, concentration isn't great right now...
Trying to stay stress free and chill so I get my thyroid to calm itself down again, we'll see what happens!

LaVieEnRose
10-25-10, 05:02 PM
Haha I hear you there, my friend! Stress free and chill is the way to do it! Might as well enjoy the mania until you can get this worked out, eh?

Man, do I know how it worsens the symptoms of ADHD. So miserable! *hugs*

Please keep me posted on how it's going. I know you'll get back on track. This will get resolved. But, just like everything, it always takes longer than we want it to. I'm up for a vent sesh anytime. :)

ADDisme2010
10-25-10, 05:31 PM
Lurve,
Thanks for your support and understanding...means a lot to me.
Having the ADHD though makes me feel resilient, and I know that this too shall pass...in the meantime, enjoying some of the manic symptoms...all of my closets are cleaned and organized! scary! I am trying to heal the thyroid disorder naturally right now, and staying stress free is the key!
Go see my endo next week, and will find out how my labs look then!
Thanks again for your support, and your understanding!
(((((Hugs))))

Rebelyell
10-25-10, 08:52 PM
I love this high euphoric manic feeling,I wish I never had to come down when I get to feel that good.