View Full Version : Positive Autism Awareness Page On Facebook

Crazygirl79
10-26-10, 02:45 AM
Hi There

If any of you who have a genuine interest in simply supporting or advocating and campaigning for more POSITIVE awareness for ASD, ADD/ADHD etc then please feel free to add Positive AutismAwareness (yes you have to put the words Autism and awareness close together with no space between them) to your friends list on Facebook.

It is a networking page only and is completely separate to my personal Facebook page.

Selena:)

Crazygirl79
10-29-10, 08:07 PM
I am surprised at how much interest people have shown in this page, it's great!! (151 friends in just under a week!)

It's not only for Autism awareness but for ADD/ADHD, Tourettes and the like as well.

Again if anyone wants to join this page then please pm me.

Selena

StoicNate
10-29-10, 08:40 PM
Awesome! I have Asperger's along with ADHD and most people still don't understand it.

Crazygirl79
10-29-10, 11:36 PM
You can just find the page on Facebook if you like (Positive AutismAwareness, yes the 2 last words are written together)

Selena

Crazygirl79
10-30-10, 09:34 AM
It looks like I've just founded a camping group for adults on the spectrum as well as those with ADD/ADHD, TS etc and it's taking off very well considering I only created the group on Facebook a couple of hours ago.

It's in its infancy at this stage and I'm collecting ideas and we will hopefully have our first camp in late November next year and if that's successful then we will hold the camps twice a year.

So feel free to check out Neurodiversity Camps Australia if you like:)

Selena:)

Crazygirl79
12-22-10, 10:42 PM
I've also added AMC alert missing children to my campaign page as it seems that a high volume of ASD children are prone to wandering and going missing.

Selena

leonardyuri
07-20-11, 05:26 AM
I would like to have check on that. I want to understand people involve in that kind and I think I should be aware of it myself since nowadays we all need to be more aware of the things happening to people around us might as well to our surrounding in order not to be judgmental all the time.

Lunacie
07-20-11, 08:23 AM
I've also added AMC alert missing children to my campaign page as it seems that a high volume of ASD children are prone to wandering and going missing.

Selena

Very true. A couple of weeks ago my 9 year old granddaughter (Atypical Autism) went to play with a friend and didn't come home. I was in a total panic and was getting in the car to look for her a second time when she came walking down our street with a brand new friend she'd just met. She and her mom went to the store and bought a set of great walkie-talkies after dinner and she's required to take them with her and check in with us every time she changes location - or we call her and ask where she is now. So far it's working great.

Going to check the FB page now...

Crazygirl79
08-18-11, 03:28 AM
I no longer operate this page due to not having enough time to devote to it...

Selena