View Full Version : How does your house look?

JustmeChristy
10-26-10, 05:44 PM
Do you get really embarrassed when someone comes over without calling first? Do you panic when they call and say they will be over in a couple of hours? I do. I have this thing where if I can't do it perfectly I just don't do it at all. My house is not gross or anything. I don't leave food out or anything but it is messy. If someone came over to my house they would be confused because One or two rooms will be Very clean and organized but the rest of the house will be crazy messy. How long does it take you to clean a cluttered room in your house? It takes me days. When I am done with that room, I lose interest in the rest of the house. I hate that I do this and I want to have a nice clean organized house. I just get really confused and overwhelmed when I am looking at it trying to figure out where to start.

Gypsy Willow
10-26-10, 06:48 PM
Clean but totally cluttered! I don't get embarrassed when someone drops by without calling. I just tell them, "Oh, I'm super cluttered...it's the ADD" and they just laugh along with me.

It takes me days, as well to clean a room. On rare occasions, I get a burst of productivity and get it done quickly, but that's very rare.

Just try doing 1 project at a time so you won't feel overwhelmed. Sometimes, if you have a stack of junk mail or papers, get a box and sort the papers. That seems to make it easier for some reason and it seems like it's less paper.

antheia
05-04-12, 01:13 AM
My house hasn't been clean in YEARS! Before I got married, I was really bad about cleaning, but if the spirit moved me, I could actually get my place clean.

Now? Forget it!! My husband is worse than I am about leaving things everywhere (and I'm BAD). It's a nightmare! Everywhere I look, all I see are mountains of CRAP piled on top of every available surface AND the floor, where it mingles with the copious piles of dog hair.

And the kitchen cabinets don't have a single clean dish in them, nor does the drawer have any clean silverware. If I need a plate or fork, I have to wash it first, but the kitchen is so disgusting that I avoid even going in there. Which is the main reason I've been living on unpalatable microwaveable frozen garbage "food."

Our laundry suffers a similar fate. We have a washer & dryer RIGHT HERE, but we wait until we've gone through every last pair of undergarments and socks (sometimes we prolong it by buying more) before we break down and wash the clothes. And even then, if we manage to wash them, there's a 50/50 chance the load won't make it into the dryer before it needs to be RE-washed with vinegar to get the stinky mildew out. And if they somehow manage to get into the dryer, it's a miracle if they make it out of the laundry room, and an even bigger miracle if the clothes get folded/hung/put away.

Wow. I'm embarrassed to even TYPE this! Every time I think about how I need to do something about all this, I just get so overwhelmed because I don't even know where to start... so I never do. Yay.

Finches
05-29-12, 02:52 AM
Wow, Antheia. You just perfectly described my life.

I have to agree. It's a million times harder to handle things if there's another person in the equation. My boyfriend doesn't have ADD, but he IS very lazy and it leads to us both living in a chaotic wreck.

It's hard to get into the habit when you've been bad about it your whole life.